• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Comparison of DRCs: Dirac Live for Studio, IK Multimedia ARC System 3 and Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio edition

czt

ai studio

hi thanks
I'm having trouble with this.
I did not make it
This is my first time doing something like this

Maybe it's just possible to take a screenshot in OBS
the whole all the process and upload here or to YouTube
It was much, much easier for me
And I believe for other users too

czt

Disregard when he sets the same values under Measure (for his dummy output), just load the saved .wav file(s) with the "From file" button before "Start". (And please do search.)

landco

You can of course be aware of EQ that's not natural (natural must mean flat) because EQ is up to taste but acknowledge that it isn't flat but tuned to taste.
Flat frequency response is not natural in a typical living space. Here it is better to use the "Harman Curve" and its varieties. I'm using a B&K 1974 Speaker target, this curve is ideal for a home environment.

IamJF

Late to the party ... but want to add my experience to this topic. @dominikz THANKS for this great measurements and documentation!

I worked with Dirac, Sonarworks and Neumann MA-1 and my conclusion is similar. With Sonarworks it always sounded different and not bad - but also not really better as without. (Good speaker in good room, probably different with a bad speaker cause even rough linearisation can be a benefit). Seeing now your test data - I know why.

Dirac is a bit of a hassle to set up (Lexicon MC-10) but works well during the process. You can also work with big Atmos setups which is great. Result is for sure a benefit and a step in a more "realistic/neutral" directioin.
(e.g. my older way cheaper Yamaha amp also delivered a "different" sound with some benefits but no comparison to Dirac which is clearly a step forward)

And Neumann MA-1. Downside - only works with Neumann DSP speakers. But these are pretty good anyways ;-)
The software is still under development, maximum of 2.2 is suported. But the measurement itself is easy to do and stable. It's a little clunky to manage presets - but that's with Dirac too. The result ... is great! A clear step in the direction of "confidence". I used this with monitors for mixing, KH750 + KH80 for a friend in a relatively bad room, KH120ii in my strongly dampened room. And in both cases these setups reminded me to my main speakers - there was some "truth" in what you hear, you could reliably mix on these setups.
As far as I searched for comments it seems to bring better results as Genelecs system - but I never tested or compared it, so this is only silly hearsay, don't take it to serious ;).

Flak

Industry Insider
heads-up :)

Top Bottom