• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Comparing my three XLR cables from DAC to amp

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There is no reasonable reason to talk about cables.
I find my monoprice rca cables are too tight for my components, and am thinking of upgrading to Amazon. Is this not a good reason to talk about cables? Is your statement in hindsight as ridiculous as those you criticize?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I find my monoprice rca cables are too tight for my components, and am thinking of upgrading to Amazon. Is this not a good reason to talk about cables? Is your statement in hindsight as ridiculous as those you criticize?
“Too tight” you mean they fit well? That is better than loose.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So it was too loose. Just saying.
You misunderstand. It pulled out the rca connector from the amplifier. It was too tight.

Come to think of it, I misremembered. I was trying to figure out why my amplifier wasn't damaged, and then I remembered, the cord pulled off of the male connector. I couldn't pull it off and I tried pulling it out by the cord ... that is why it failed. My bad.

Top Bottom