• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Closed HD800S

rcmo

Hi! Sorry if I missed a similar thread.

I'm very happy with my set of open headphones that includes HD800S, HD700, HD650, AKG712, AKG701, ATH-R70X, and HE400i. I always eq them all, that's part of the fun. I'd say I pick the HD800S 80% of the time. It depends more on the mood than on the type of music.

My question is: what closed headphones would you recommend for when I can't bother people around me with my music?

Thanks!

PS: I am unable to test any sets on local stores so I need to import through the usual online retailers. While I have no problem returning an item that does not suits me, this should definitely be an exceptional procedure.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Look at the Drop/ Dan Clark Audio Ether CX or maybe the Aeon 2 RT closed. Ether CX the best closed i have heard.

OP
R

rcmo

Thanks much! The HD820 is in my list and can be easily purchased in Europe. Importing Drop products is a bummer.

@Jimbob54 Have you listened to the Senn? By Aeon 2 RT you refer to the current Aeon RT, that Amir has reviewed, right?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks much! The HD820 is in my list and can be easily purchased in Europe. Importing Drop products is a bummer.

@Jimbob54 Have you listened to the Senn? By Aeon 2 RT you refer to the current Aeon RT, that Amir has reviewed, right?

I have Senn HD800 - not heard the 800S or the 820. Yes the Aeon RT Closed Amir reviewed , but like @maverickronin asked, if its the HD800 soundstage you are trying to replicate, I withdraw both of my recommendations- the Dan Clarks are great headphones,take EQ very well, low distortion but dont offer much soundstage to speak of .

Top Bottom