• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Close in jitter?

Brad

ETC that can resolve the 4.3Hz
Thinking about this a bit more, you are only modulating a reflection with the fan - not the direct sound.
So what you measure is the interference between the direct sound and the ceiling reflection. But you are applying a phase modulation to the ceiling reflection (the reflection occurs either off the fan or the ceiling, and partially inbetween due to finite width of sound beam).

If someone wants to write out the equations for interference with a phase modulated interferer, it should represent what you are measuring.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
If someone wants to write out the equations for interference with a phase modulated interferer, it should represent what you are measuring.

There were no takers.

Gave them 19 months.

Davide

I bring up this thread to ask a question. I'm assembling a board with AK4137 async sample rate converter and spdif input/output, since my Ultralite Mk5 doesn't automatically switch the sample rate to the spdif input.
Switching to an interface with this function is too expensive, while the board in question costs around €70.
The AK4137 chip currently seems to be the best around for doing the job, together with the CT7302 which however is practically unused.
The ASRC conversion via hardware, in this case, implies the passage from the original clock to that of the AK4137 (which can work with both internal and external oscillator). This should mean that the jitter of the new clock is "encoded" into the data, a bit like in the case of AD conversion.
Now, I was thinking, that if I acquire the digital output signal and analyze it with FFT (REW), I should be able by comparison with the original signal (using DeltaWave) to determine the real effect of jitter in the band up to Fs/2, without the need to go through measurements downstream of the DA and without the doubts raised by some regarding the effectiveness of the J-test.
Am I missing something or does this test make sense?

Top Bottom