• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Close Encounters Of The Bouncy Kind

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
There's already tire swerve marks there (0:29).

Is it a little game they play?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Little white tail will make your sphincter pucker on a motorcycle, pitch black road, at around 90 MPH. :eek:
Lost count of the number of times it happened to me.
Lord was always riding co-pilot with me I guess.
Never clipped one.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Gave me a headache watching. Wrong side of the road and in km/h. Yeah, all those black marks make me think you should have these on that road:
1542160111137.png

As for motorcycles I've done an unintended 360 on a dark mountain road because of a possom before. I really have no idea how it wasn't a crash. That was in the days before there were armadillos in Tennessee.

Wombat

Master Contributor
If you encounter a kangaroo in mid-leap in front of your car it may be at windscreen height when hit. Scary.

Timbo2

Little white tail will make your sphincter pucker on a motorcycle, pitch black road, at around 90 MPH. :eek:
Lost count of the number of times it happened to me.
Lord was always riding co-pilot with me I guess.
Never clipped one.

I used to ride and after one too many close calls with Bambi stopped. I had a discussion with one guy on a large BMW who split one in two. He said his luck held out and he hit it sideways right between the ribs and the hind end. Very minor damage to the bike and he and the BMW stayed completely upright. BUT he said he was covered head to toe in deer excrement.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I used to ride and after one too many close calls with Bambi stopped. I had a discussion with one guy on a large BMW who split one in two. He said his luck held out and he hit it sideways right between the ribs and the hind end. Very minor damage to the bike and he and the BMW stayed completely upright. BUT he said he was covered head to toe in deer excrement.
I smell a bit of fish in that story. ;)

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The tyre marks look more like they were left by the local boy racers doing burnouts and donuts.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
That's a small one. A full grown Red totaled an army truck (that was on the road side after that ) when I was travelling north from Adelaide back in '93.
Which is why according to our driver then, most of the trucks traveling between towns outside of the big cities have additional crash bumpers and they called them Roo-bars or something like that. Not much help though as many of those adult kangaroos are about a meter above ground when they leap onto / across the roads..

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
We have a lot of roos near us, occasional roo poo on the driveway. If you come across a big one they are pretty intimidating. I came across a 5-6ft one whilst walking the dogs once, we backed off rapid. :)

Wombat

Master Contributor
We have a lot of roos near us, occasional roo poo on the driveway. If you come across a big one they are pretty intimidating. I came across a 5-6ft one whilst walking the dogs once, we backed off rapid. :)

Roo poo so big? Damn huge Kangas. ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I came across a 5-6ft one whilst walking the dogs once, we backed off rapid.

Hadn't ever paid attention before but damn they have some long claws. o_O

Wombat

Master Contributor
The claws on the feet can be used to eviscerate unsubmissive opponents.

Kangaroos normally avoid dogs and dingos but can lure them into water and forcibly drown them if harassed:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
We have heaps of wallabies in our area- no roos. Most afternoons there are at least half a dozen eating the grass on my 'lawn'. They are just cute mini kangaroos in reality, but very peaceful and timid.

They go down the side of the house each night next to our bedroom and I lie there listening, just to make sure it's not a burglar.

There's a lot of joeys (baby wallabies) just out of the pouch, so they are bounding all over the place and we have to watch them when coming up the street. If you see on wallaby jump across the road, there is always another one or two that blindly follow. They are the ones that get hit.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I want one.

Top Bottom