• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cleaning your equipment, components, tools .........

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wow. Had no idea someone had done this kind of testing! I have a few CRC cleaners. Have to look to see which is which.

Loved that Simple Green was that good on oil (99%).

It is maddening to go shopping for stuff like this, glues, etc. where there are hundreds and hundreds of variety.

OP
I

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Simple Green, if used on aluminum, rinse extremely well.
iridium.

OP
I

iridium

A lot of people who keep things "spotless", e.g. some cyclists, some motorcyclists, etc. write that it corrodes aluminum or in other chemical manner damages the finish.

I just use it as a substitute for Ouzo when I get carried away.;)

iridium.

wgscott

I use this instead of Simple Green and it hasn't marred anything (and I have more invested in bikes than audio equipment):

61iPj1rrt0L._SL1200_.jpg

OP
I

iridium

You must have some exquisite machinery!
iridium

OP
I

iridium

"suggesting", ??? just suggesting, she must be extremely tolerant if you do not share.:rolleyes:

iridium

wgscott

We have plenty of bikes. I'm actually down to three now, if you don't count the ones loaned out more or less permanently to other people. However, one of them is worth more than all my audio and video investment.

OP
I

iridium

We have plenty of bikes. I'm actually down to three now, if you don't count the ones loaned out more or less permanently to other people. However, one of them is worth more than all my audio and video investment.

Are you going to post a picture of this bike? or provide a link to a similar.

The value of bikes has jogged a recent memory about professionals cheating; somehow a light battery in the frame & an assistance motor. I forgot the details, but I wonder about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ involved & the engineering.

iridium

wgscott

OK, here's a link. It's a custom steel frame. Apart from that it isn't anything exceptional.

Here is the one about the hidden motor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom