• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Class D amps

Vasr

Major Contributor
Teac, Yamaha , and Pioneer, NAD have some class D integrated amps done well.
The price/watt of such name brands is still very high.
Parasound and JBL Commercial also have power amps done on Class D platforms that competent.
Or they use lower tier or not so great proprietary Class D modules.

So, you are pretty much stuck with small/recent boutique integrators or paying a lot for a brand name or getting the lowest quality Class D for a reasonable price.

It will improve as they get more widespread. My point is that it is too early in the game to splurge big money on a Class D amp except for bragging rights or early adapter itch.

The only exception I might make are the ATI Class D amps especially for multi-channel requirements.

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Elac also offers a Class D power amp (DPA-2). It may not measure as well as the top level amps do (maybe due to its Class A buffer), but it's small form factor may be attractive for some. And it should provide enough power for most speakers and purposes. At least for me it does :)

Top Bottom