• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Class D amps , what’s out there.

TonioRoffo

https://audio.com.pl/testy/kino-domowe/amplitunery-av/2775-pioneer-sc-lx801

Pretty high THD, at least comparing with similar Class-AB Pioneer AVRs. Also, req. response is totally strange...probably because of the low-pass filter from the outputs...don't know.

However, I'm sure the output sound is good enough.

Yeah, the THD is quite high, but I'm interested in the quality of the pre-outs, can't find information anywhere. For back channels/atmos channels I don't really care about the highest quality, but LCR is externally amped and I'm curious :)

DerRoland

The better ones of the Pioneer receiver range have since 2014(!), beginning with the SC85, 87, 89 (europe SC-LX58, 78, 88) the option to turn off the internal amplifiers (front, front+center or all) in the system settings. That should give better sinad results at the pre-outs.

Unfortunately Amir haven´t reviewed any of this units (SC-LX303/504 sadly missing this feature).

SX-LX58 Amp Configuration.jpg

Top Bottom