• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Clasd d amplification

Jason64

Greetings all. New member. Interested in class d amplifiers in general. Intriguing little gadgets. I own 5 of them. Looking for that particular forum. Cant seem to find it. Any help? Thanks all. Karl

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Greetings all. New member. Interested in class d amplifiers in general. Intriguing little gadgets. I own 5 of them. Looking for that particular forum. Cant seem to find it. Any help? Thanks all. Karl

Amir has tested quite a lot class D amps lately. The reviews aren't collected in one place but I'd say 90% of the amps he's measured have been class D. There are discussions about the technology on these threads.

You can also search in the top right of the screen. Some results with "class D" in the title here.

OP
J

Jason64

Amir has tested quite a lot class D amps lately. The reviews aren't collected in one place but I'd say 90% of the amps he's measured have been class D. There are discussions about the technology on these threads.

You can also search in the top right of the screen. Some results with "class D" in the title here.
Thats great! Thanks for the redirect. I recently was turned on to these mini amplifiers. I typically run them with a powered subwoofer that has speaker level inputs to satellite speakers. Results are very good. I also use equalization. Because of the lack of inputs on mini amplifiers, I use an external source selector. It all works well.SoonvI plan to run dual svs sb1000s. Thanks

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thats great! Thanks for the redirect. I recently was turned on to these mini amplifiers. I typically run them with a powered subwoofer that has speaker level inputs to satellite speakers. Results are very good. I also use equalization. Because of the lack of inputs on mini amplifiers, I use an external source selector. It all works well.SoonvI plan to run dual svs sb1000s. Thanks

No worries :) Do you buy amp modules and assemble the cases, power supplies, connectors, etc yourself, or do you use end-product class D amps?

OP
J

Jason64

No, I buy them assembled. Im not a repairman in any sense of the word. Just a consumer. I have seen the modules, though. Intriguing. Waiting for a Fosi Audio 50wx2 to arrive today.

Top Bottom