• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

cineworld bankruptcy

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
as i keep saying the cinema experience isnt worth the exhorbitant amount of money tickets cost

eg. when i was working at university we set up movies in an auditorium that costs many 10s of millions with a state of the art audio system

we ran comedies such as "Dumb and Dumber" and in that kind of environment where kids are just enjoying themselves this is prime cinema experience

decades later i got effectively unlimited free tickets working for a media company and i couldnt be bothered going

i now nit pick some of the less than stellar sound, the uncomfortable seating, the terrible audience where phones are more important

i dont miss it

and obviously many of you have amazing home cinemas... even a modest large LCD TV, a basic 5.1 system with budget speakers is often a good time

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
as i keep saying the cinema experience isnt worth the exhorbitant amount of money tickets cost

eg. when i was working at university we set up movies in an auditorium that costs many 10s of millions with a state of the art audio system

we ran comedies such as "Dumb and Dumber" and in that kind of environment where kids are just enjoying themselves this is prime cinema experience

decades later i got effectively unlimited free tickets working for a media company and i couldnt be bothered going

i now nit pick some of the less than stellar sound, the uncomfortable seating, the terrible audience where phones are more important

i dont miss it

and obviously many of you have amazing home cinemas... even a modest large LCD TV, a basic 5.1 system with budget speakers is often a good time
i agree

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
watch ebay for coming soon cinema pa speakers at fish and chips prices

Top Bottom