• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chromecast with Google TV - Dolby Atmos only works on 50% of Atmos titles

EB1000

Hi

I'm very happy with my Apple TV 4k, but decided to give Chromecast with Google TV a try. It has the latest FW. Audio settings are set to auto (tried also manual), and Atmos is working great with some titles, but it plays as DD+ on other.

For example, the new series Hit&Run. It says Atmos on the title info, but only plays as DD+ via the Chromecast with Google TV. When I play the title using the Apple TV 4k, it plays in Atmos w/o a problem.

I've noticed that about half of the Atmos titles play as DD+ only with the Chromecast with Google TV. I could not find any similar reports online. I did try to factory reset and reinstall everything. Didn't help...

Anyone here using the Chromecast with Google TV and can confirm this bug?

Thanks.

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use a Chromecast 4k. If I can a YouTube video with my phone it sends out a 3/2 (5 channel surround sound) signal. If I cast the same video on YouTube from my laptop surround sound doesn't work.

Maybe try casting from multiple devices?

Top Bottom