• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Christmas carols you like and want to sing along

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Too many to tell, and right now I am focused on the somewhat eclectic arrangements I am playing in concert for the next three days (why do all the cantana arrangers feel they must somehow make a standard carol strangely non-standard?) I tend to like a lot of the old classic Christmas songs by singers from decades ago, but also like Mannheim Steamroller and some of Transylvania Orchestra stuff, plus a lot of the Christian songs... "Have You Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is one of my favorites... Heck I even like "I Believe in Father Christmas" by Greg Lake though a bit of a downer for religious folk. And who can forget "Jim Ignatowski Does Christmas Songs"? :)

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I do like traditional Carol's, joy to the world, silent night and hark the herald Angel's sing especially. And I love to to listen to the mormom tabernacle choir belt these out, terrific!
Interestingly one of my favourite Christmas albums is by Low, who are mormons, and cover some similar songs, but very quietly.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Cute:

Wombat

Master Contributor
From Miles -

Warning: This track contains adult material:

More traditional:

Last edited:

Robin L

Master Contributor
Probably my favorite Traditional Christmas Carol, Kings College Cambridge Choir singing "Blessed Be That Maid Mary":

The tune is derived from a Morris Dance. Yes that's Richard Thompson on the left:

Robin L

Master Contributor
Not really a carol but it is my favorite “Christmas” song, PC correctionist weenies be damned.

Love the Zooey Deschanel Leon Redbone version

Martin
Ray Charles & Betty Carter have little trouble in playing up the obvious subtext:

Robin L

Master Contributor
In favorite Xmax Muzic, czech out the background singers!

Robin L

Master Contributor
Kitka's Wintersongs concerts for this year have already sold out, here's a few highlights from a few years back:

Here's a song from the studio-recorded "Wintersongs" CD:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Dean Martin VS Frank Sinatra Christmas Songs. LOL

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am an agnostic who still believes that the faith, hope and wishes of good cheer associated with Christmas is a good thing. After 50-70 years of hearing mostly the same Christmas music, I began to look around the world for alternatives on the internet. Below are some of the sources for songs that I play on my little "portable" stereo system (DAP>Mini Class-D amp powered by a 12v SLA battery>mini-Yamaha monitors) in December at our international Tuesday morning arts, crafts and food market here in the little mountain town of Boquete, Panama. Many upbeat Christmas songs that amplify the "good cheer" part.

Last edited:

DChenery

Forum Donor
Being that time of the year, thought a resurrection of this tread appropriate. Greg Lake performs "I Believe in Father Christmas" at St. Bride's Church, Fleet Street, London. The backup band is comprised of Ian Anderson on flute, David Arch on keyboards, Florian Opahle on acoustic guitar and the church choir.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Partly nostalgic, but I think this will always be my favorite Christmas album

Top Bottom