• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chord Mojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
but I replaced my RME Dac in my main system with the cheapest 7 year old Chord Mojo, line out, I don't use headphones, portable or otherwise. Results: Significant sound improvement.
If you wanna go on the subjectiviste road...

I know both these DACs very well. Assuming you're talking about ADI-2 DAC FS, I owned three. As well as I had two Mojo 1st Gen.

ADI-2 DAC was, to me, a significant sound improvement over the Mojo. (As it was over the Qutest for what matters).

What of it, now? Who is supposed to be right? You, me, both? Truth is: neither. If any level match has been applied, they would have sounded the same. However, the RME is without any debate a way more accomplished product overall. It could give you so much more sound customisation, not to mention higher output voltage, more powerful headamp, more anything. It is just indeed and unquestionably, a better DAC.

Anyway, the original Mojo already has its own thread here:
I don't see the point to create a new one, except if you've got another purpose than just sharing your impressions...

Last edited:

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Performance should be measurable and objective. If you call something state of art, that has a specific meaning. It means using current known and proven knowledge. Those companies don’t do that and don’t care about that. Sure, you can like it, but that doesn’t make it state of art. You can also like something that doesn’t perform well. Performance and preference are two different things.

I don’t mind, as long as you realize why you like them. That knowledge will also help you optimize your system in the future.

No it’s intolerable towards the pseudoscientific woo that is brought up as arguments for these products. Because there is a whole industry build around this, fleecing millions of €$£ from ignorant customers.

I accept the points you are making.

However many of us, myself included, started off in the subjectivist camp before learning more and more about audio. Our job is to welcome and guide people who come here, not chase them away. As for being ignorant, all of us are ignorant. Even though I am knowledgeable enough to be an "expert" in my area of expertise, there are still a lot of things that I do not know, let alone things like audio which is a hobby to me and not a profession.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Yes lots of developments, quite a bit of research, some innovations. Very little results.
So we have equipment I can buy now for a few hundred - complete system, that can easily reveal the flaws of the equipment used in recording studios (Presumably for today's equivalent of many 10's of thousands) in the 60's

Your statement is (to me) astonishing. And that is putting to one side your statement about digital, implying no quality improvement.

Perhaps you were being hyperbolic, and didn't really mean 60 years?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I accept the points you are making.

However many of us, myself included, started off in the subjectivist camp before learning more and more about audio. Our job is to welcome and guide people who come here, not chase them away. As for being ignorant, all of us are ignorant. Even though I am knowledgeable enough to be an "expert" in my area of expertise, there are still a lot of things that I do not know, let alone things like audio which is a hobby to me and not a profession.
The OP has been here a couple of months and already had constructive dialogue on this never-ending beast of a thread https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...arent-are-that-many-confused.9245/post-240069 so I'm pretty sure they know the game.

Starting a new thread on 2 products reviewed here with extensive discussions on both seems, to me, a little like incitement. The last thing this or any other forum needs is new threads for each time a user forms a subjective judgement on 2 pieces of well known gear. Especially when that judgement appears to be reached absent of any basic controls.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
The OP has been here a couple of months and already had constructive dialogue on this never-ending beast of a thread https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...arent-are-that-many-confused.9245/post-240069 so I'm pretty sure they know the game.

Starting a new thread on 2 products reviewed here with extensive discussions on both seems, to me, a little like incitement. The last thing this or any other forum needs is new threads for each time a user forms a subjective judgement on 2 pieces of well known gear. Especially when that judgement appears to be reached absent of any basic controls.
The "Sorry folks" was a bit of a red flag right at the start TBH.

DSJR

Major Contributor
I wouldn't say the Mojo performs badly on the bench to be fair, but one thing I've learned qwuite late in life after decades working in small medium to higher end audio stores, holding court on my dem room (FFS!) is that if the eyes are part of the listening and comparison, all bets are well and truly OFF as to preferences. We really do default to listening with our eyes here, as in the animal kingdom, our ears are pretty crap, even when we're young.

If the OP prefers his Mojo then that's absolutely fine. My local audio salon has a Chord Electronics 'Ultima' presentation today and I may attend to look at the rather expensive units on display (got to say I rather like the cheeky looks of the £6,000 preamp they have in this range). When I visit this emporium, I tend to revert to overgrown Aspergic schoolboy mode and revisit my past, so I know how important subjectivism is in the world of domestic audio, with various makers trying to make gear with some form of personality and price tag at both ends of the market, the middle level all but gone in the UK for new gear at least.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Sorry folks

No need to be sorry, but there's no need for another thread to exist for this. Let's keep it to the existing threads please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom