• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chord mojo 2 volume lossless?

Doobrey

I’ve been having issues lately with my new amplifier (NAD C316BEE v2) any source with fixed volume I plug in is too loud and can’t go past 9 on the dial without attenuators. A friend has let me use his mojo 2 for a while and it has adjustable volume so now I have a huge range to work with and volume level is however I want it, perfect.

My concern is having the mojo volume set so low to allow me to use the NAD pot between 9 and 4 will it degrade the dynamic range noise floor etc? I read online somewhere that it is lossless digital volume control on the chord so is this correct and I have nothing to worry about?

59373291-65DB-4754-AAF4-E4AA6C54FF9C.jpeg

This is the volume I have it set to that works best for me.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A
I’ve been having issues lately with my new amplifier (NAD C316BEE v2) any source with fixed volume I plug in is too loud and can’t go past 9 on the dial without attenuators. A friend has let me use his mojo 2 for a while and it has adjustable volume so now I have a huge range to work with and volume level is however I want it, perfect.

My concern is having the mojo volume set so low to allow me to use the NAD pot between 9 and 4 will it degrade the dynamic range noise floor etc? I read online somewhere that it is lossless digital volume control on the chord so is this correct and I have nothing to worry about?

View attachment 227435

This is the volume I have it set to that works best for me.
are you sure, you have plugged the Mojo into the CD input on the amp?
You should you know!
As for Chord Volume control being lossless, not entirely true. Nothing is lossless, but it is second best.
At any rate, your issue is elsewhere .

Top Bottom