• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 358 88.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 28 6.9%

• Total voters

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Apparently, there's a new M-Scaler coming and maybe a top model dac as well. Head of Chord says the former takes the Dave into a higher (again) realm or words to that effect. I read this on Pink Fish Media while making way to the Bristol Show report, a forum I used to post extensively on when in the wildnerness until ten or more years back and the posters there now DO NOT like ASR and the sinad chasers of Chinese made gear it seems. I used to post there all the time, but there's no arguing with people who've never knowingly had their senses fooled as I/we have... Most of the fervour is Rega continuing their move up-market (Oh Gawd) and English Audio making re-imagined Leak valve amps by the loos of things (originals fetch silly money but are funky, charming sounding curiosities at best by today's standards just as my rebuilt quad II's are charmingly listenable but hardly 'high fidelity' really).

I still maintain a Chord pre-power combination at any price isn't going to get the best subjectively out of a Dave, but it needs someone else to possibly confirm or deny plus proper testing (yes @SIY I do understand, but it ain't gonna happen here I suspect unless Amir has things sent to him).
If you have spent a lot of money on equipment in the belief that it offers superior sound quality then you are never going to be overjoyed to hear that it is matched by an inexpensive alternative.
Keith

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I still maintain a Chord pre-power combination at any price isn't going to get the best subjectively out of a Dave, but it needs someone else to possibly confirm or deny plus proper testing (yes @SIY I do understand, but it ain't gonna happen here I suspect unless Amir has things sent to him).
What do you mean by "subjectively?" The colloquial meaning in Audiophile Land: peeking, no controls? Or the correct meaning, human judgement ears-only? If the former, there's no such thing as "proper testing," whether by Amir, by me, by whomever. If the latter, it can be done by anyone who actually WANTS to do it.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Head of Chord says the former takes the Dave into a higher (again) realm
Between PS Audio and these guys, our DACs must have us in some sort of tantric state of permanent orgasm.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
8gx7hv.jpg

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Apparently, there's a new M-Scaler coming and maybe a top model dac as well. Head of Chord says the former takes the Dave into a higher (again) realm or words to that effect.

There always has to be a higher realm it seems.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There always has to be a higher realm it seems.
I follow Chord.
So far, I have not heard any new technology being offered.
The new device is more of a range-filler. meaning they have an Ultima range, so they are making a new mScaler to fit that range in terms of shape and feel.
The only new design yet to come out, is going to be an ADC for pro use.
As far as I know!

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I’m trying to find something worthwhile in this wall of words but have failed. Get back to us when you have actual evidence of any sonic differences.

I wouldn't call it a wall of words. Looks more like a breezeway.

Top Bottom