• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chord Hugo TT2 USB

sspfr

Hi, I am new here. Has anyone measured or compared streamers for a Hugo TT2 USB input which I understand is well engineered. I am running an RPi4 with ropieexl out of one of the 4 RPi USB outputs. Got a better power supply for the RPi4 and it does seem to make some difference although I am keeping an open mind whether it is real or I want it to be. For a well engineered DAC would an Allo USBridge family make any difference? Is the RPi4 that noisy that it conspires to reduce sound quality to a well designed DAC input? Am open minded and sceptical at the same time and do not want a religious debate - would be interested in those that tested a TT2 with several USB streamers to let me know their impressions. My speakers are ATC40As. Thank you!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Almost certainly not,Chord dacs are by and large pretty well designed see, original Hugo

Keith

Music1969

Major Contributor
Is the RPi4 that noisy that it conspires to reduce sound quality to a well designed DAC input?
Your expensive DAC's USB input has high speed galvanic isolation. Should isolate upstream noise.

OP
S

sspfr

Almost certainly not,Chord dacs are by and large pretty well designed see, original Hugo

Keith
My only doubt with this is that the power supply for the RPi4 seemed to make a difference.

Top Bottom