• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chord Hugo TT2 DAC Review (video)

nav

Forum Donor
I just bought a Hugo TT2. I have a Benchmark stack (DAC3B and HPA4) and the RME ADI-2 for my home and gaming PC. They are wonderfully accurate BUT...I've never ever loved them. I took a punt on an audiomart user selling a Hugo TT2 for 2K less than RRP and in perfect condition (sounds dodgy right??). It arrived in exactly that condition. I plugged them into my three best headphones (HD600, Audeze LCD-X, and the Dan Clark Stealth). I have to say that the Hugo sounds delightful. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm too uncultured to appreciate a purely clinical tone. I was a DJ for a while so I suspect my high ends are clipped due to hearing damage. But I so enjoy listening to the Hugo that it makes me annoyed given the data on its performance.

Last edited:

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
But I so enjoy listening to the Hugo that it makes me annoyed given the data on its performance.
Well you shouldn't.
It's competently designed device. Not SOTA by today standards but very good without any problems and with ample power from it's back XLR outputs so you can power any headphone on the market.

It's a bit pricey and quirky looking - but hey that's up to you. If you like it and can afford it. Just go for it don't be a slave of SINAD numbers and people's opinion.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I have to say that the Hugo sounds delightful. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm too uncultured to appreciate a purely clinical tone

"Chord Hugo TT2 Listening Tests
I started my listening tests using Dan Clark Stealth headphones (which Chord designer also prefers). There was plenty of power available except at very high levels where distortion set in. Otherwise, everything sounded excellent and dynamic...

Switching to Sennheiser HD-650 was even better due to more sensitivity this headphone provides. Everything sounded great ...

Conclusions
Putting aside the functionality and look of the unit, the electronic performance is generally excellent."
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru... Listening,performance is generally excellent.

Seems you are in good company.

But I so enjoy listening to the Hugo that it makes me annoyed given the data on its performance.

What data on its performance are you referring to? Seems like it measured great.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems like it measured great.

A bit expensive, but very competent.

Top Bottom