• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chord Hugo M Scaler - Stereophile Review (measurements also)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Now just a darned minute. Is that for a spherical Earth ... or a flat Earth?
'cause
I read on the internet that the Earth is actually... flat as a pancake.

:cool:
I can't believe on a science oriented forum you still see this pancake meme. It is not flat as a pancake.

1589414084240.png

hellboundlex

Forum Donor
Finest outdoor curves I've seen are at the beaches.
Oh yeah, I remember visiting the Oregon coast with the family. The boys were like two, and I had to carry both, at the same time, up and down hundreds of feet of stairs just to hear them cry because the sand was uncomfortable and the "wahhtee" was scary.

Oh wait, you didn't mean hilly beaches. Sorry. I see. Lol.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Mola Mola is actually a complete functional DAC . The M scaler replaces partly a part of a DAC that does not really limits DAC’s performance ? Partly , you still got to convert to the DS DAC’s internal 5bit some MHz format , so you can’t really bypass the entirety off this process you simple beggin at a higher input rate .

The Mola Mola DAC can be showed into the same brands preamp , that makes one box less .

dCS do the not have a 3box “solution” to the DAC “problem” . I say Rob is one box short :) unless there also is an external clock box I missed . Or can we have external psu in shiny box to ?

The original sell them as many boxes as possible con artist is that not naim ? Can you not have monoblocks with external PSU the size of the amp .

hellboundlex

Forum Donor
The original sell them as many boxes as possible con artist is that not naim ? Can you not have monoblocks with external PSU the size of the amp

If your digital path uses less than 1000 watts, you are doing it wrong. To prevent ground loops, each device needs to be isolated. A separate power supply is required for the clock, the reclocker, the scaler, the unscaler, the DAC, the ADC, the DSP system, the ReDAC, and then the +4db dac pre-preamp tube gain system.

Obviously, this needs to be connected by silver interconnects made by eunuchs in the mountains of Colorado to a system that must use at least 50,000 watts of power.

Every components must cost at least $3000.

The system must take at least an hour to turn on, and locate the source of ground loop noise which somehow still makes it in, despite all the miles of cables and isolation devices.

bennetng

Major Contributor
OP
Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
Correct. Ok, in theory -300 dB are about 1/10 th of a lightyear. In praxis you can't hear that far because sound does not travel through a vaccum.:facepalm:

You guys think too much

Vini darko

Major Contributor
I'm not an engineer or mathematician, I'm simply curious as to how the M Scaler recovers information lost when the 44.1 digital file was created? If it's lost before it gets to the M Scaler where exactly does the information come from? Then it says in essence it places new musical samples in between, so does it recover or make new samples? Sorry if this is a dumb question it doesn't make sense to me.
Galactic final memory.

Veri

Master Contributor

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Top Bottom