• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chord GroundAray Review (Video)

Multicore

Major Contributor
View attachment 222688The poster frame used by YouTube sums things up perfectly!
When I saw the cover-art/thumbnail I wondered if you're trying for that signature pulling-a-face effect that's so popular on ootoob, like Beast or SSSniperWolf. I've never watched a video by either of those but ootoob keeps pushing them at me. (Something to do with not logging on to oogle and always deleting cookies, I guess.)

Recluse-Animator

ASA is an industry body not a government agency; it's advertisers policing advertisers. If they don't receive a complaint about a specific advert then they won't take any action.
How is ASA funded? Couldn't their members be from a rivaling audio company?

Sorry for off topic.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
This is a video companion to my review of Chord GroundAray "ground noise" filter:

I had to shoot this four times! I don't edit my videos so they have to work in one take. First video hit a bug in my capture software where the first few seconds had a blank video. :( Second one was almost finished but I had a sneeze coming. I thought I was pausing the video but hit stop by accident! Third run finished and I saw the same capture bug as the first one.

Good news is that I was so tired that I made the forth pass shorter and faster. Figured you all would like that better anyway but do let me know.
Ignoring(!) the fact that this does not, and can not, do anything, what possible material content or manufacturing process could justify the price? Is there gold, platinum, or unobtainium in these things? Sub-micron engineering? Do they require a visit to the LHC to be activated?

JanesJr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is a video companion to my review of Chord GroundAray "ground noise" filter:

I had to shoot this four times! I don't edit my videos so they have to work in one take. First video hit a bug in my capture software where the first few seconds had a blank video. :( Second one was almost finished but I had a sneeze coming. I thought I was pausing the video but hit stop by accident! Third run finished and I saw the same capture bug as the first one.

Good news is that I was so tired that I made the forth pass shorter and faster. Figured you all would like that better anyway but do let me know.
Wonderful explanation, and I appreciate how you led off with the null test for subjectivists.

(My only suggestion is that for non-technical persons, to provide an introductory sentence or phrase that says that the null test compares the output WITH the Chord product to the output WITHOUT the Chord product, showing electronically and audibly ANY difference between the two, audible by the best ears or not. Or of course use whatever explanation you see as more accurate. It seems like the null test could be a good thing to approach subjective listeners, as you suggest, but they may not stick with the measurements if they don't understand right away what it is they're seeing or listening to.)

Last edited:

Steve H

Amir, I recommend the gold tailings from the intellectual headquarters of high-end audio Vulture City Arizona. Cryogenically treat the dirt and place it a box made from the scrap wood of the buildings refinished in the tone of your choice.

The sound is even better than the silver tailings because the ghosts of subjective audio past have come to rest here and impart their goodness to the dirt as well.

Attachments

• image-asset (1).jpeg
    image-asset (1).jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 51
Top Bottom