• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chord GroundAray Review (Video)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This is a video companion to my review of Chord GroundAray "ground noise" filter:

I had to shoot this four times! I don't edit my videos so they have to work in one take. First video hit a bug in my capture software where the first few seconds had a blank video. :( Second one was almost finished but I had a sneeze coming. I thought I was pausing the video but hit stop by accident! Third run finished and I saw the same capture bug as the first one.

Good news is that I was so tired that I made the forth pass shorter and faster. Figured you all would like that better anyway but do let me know.

Awsmone

Hey Amir, took your hint and put dirt (cryogenically treated, and from the tailings of a silver mine) in my dac chassis, and the difference is night and day, blacker backgrounds, huge soundstage, pinpoint imaging , more musical, organic and continuous; thanks for great tweek ;)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
On that note :), here is the review/measurements of Entreq grounding box: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/entreq-signal-grounding-measurements.476/

i-QmGkq6G.jpg

I miss the days my workbench was that clean! :D

Lukino

Thanks for the video Amir. It can be seen that these companies simplify the product so that the margin is maximized. A solution for each port. Unbelievable... The aluminum costs them something, but they have to because of their trust in the product. Human stupidity flourishes therefore the ignorant are caught and buy the placebo mind product....I plug in and hear...;)

Gio

Forum Donor
"I had to shoot this four times!": the curse of chord............

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Hey Amir, took your hint and put dirt (cryogenically treated, and from the tailings of a silver mine) in my dac chassis, and the difference is night and day, blacker backgrounds, huge soundstage, pinpoint imaging , more musical, organic and continuous; thanks for great tweek ;)
Dang, I'll have to get some too. Does it have to be Cryogenically treated dirt or can I use various kinds of yard dirt? Maybe that hasn't been measured yet. I was thinking that because dirt is like a ground outside, that if it is on the DAC and the Amp then the noise will go into the dirt and as such it should expand the performance of my equipment outside of what the analyzer is even capable of. Therefore it CANT EVEN BE MEASURED!
What do you think? Anyone else have ideas? I'm open to all suggestions now that we have had such a breakthrough.

paulrbarnard

Dang, I'll have to get some too. Does it have to be Cryogenically treated dirt or can I use various kinds of yard dirt? Maybe that hasn't been measured yet. I was thinking that because dirt is like a ground outside, that if it is on the DAC and the Amp then the noise will go into the dirt and as such it should expand the performance of my equipment outside of what the analyzer is even capable of. Therefore it CANT EVEN BE MEASURED!
What do you think? Anyone else have ideas? I'm open to all suggestions now that we have had such a breakthrough.
Let’s evolve the product. Send a box and silver trowel to the customer. They dig, with the silver trowel, 1kg of their yard dirt. Ship it to the ‘factory’ where it can be nano screened (sifted to remove rocks) the cryogenically treated. It is then repackaged in a bespoke mahogany box with silver foil lining to be shipped back to the customer. Also contained in the package is a brass scale to weight exact sidings based on the weight of your DAC and Amps. Obviously the heavier the kit the higher the dose and the more cryo dust you will need. The fundamental premise here is that exact matching to the ground where your kit is install will deliver the most fundamental blackness.

Triliza

Forum Donor
If this video was my first contact with ASR, I would have been impressed beyond words. It covers everything, subjectively and objectively, laid out in a coherent and logical way. And if a part of me wanted to object, there comes the challenge. Busted, totally. Well done.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Let’s evolve the product. Send a box and silver trowel to the customer. They dig, with the silver trowel, 1kg of their yard dirt. Ship it to the ‘factory’ where it can be nano screened (sifted to remove rocks) the cryogenically treated. It is then repackaged in a bespoke mahogany box with silver foil lining to be shipped back to the customer. Also contained in the package is a brass scale to weight exact sidings based on the weight of your DAC and Amps. Obviously the heavier the kit the higher the dose and the more cryo dust you will need. The fundamental premise here is that exact matching to the ground where your kit is install will deliver the most fundamental blackness.
Truly brilliant, but what about people who live in apartments? Do we have to come up with association application paperwork for digging permits?
Also will they return the silver shovel or is that included as part of the "experience"?

AndreaT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Please add 2 ml of my well water to your magic dirt. It is taken from a well lying exactly at confluence of the Earth core geomagnetic lines of force where they resonate according to Golden Ratio. I will send you 2 ml for $ 1,499.00, S&H included.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Please add 2 ml of my well water to your magic dirt. It is taken from a well lying exactly at confluence of the Earth core geomagnetic lines of force where they resonate according to Golden Ratio. I will send you 2 ml for $ 1,499.00, S&H included.
That sounds like a deal! We just need a magic dirt dealer and this product can truly take form.

Recluse-Animator

Two audio companies named Chord and both from England. You think that would strike a chord...

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't get what the point was from ASA's side. With the same logic they could make the same ruling for almost all audiophile products.
ASA is an industry body not a government agency; it's advertisers policing advertisers. If they don't receive a complaint about a specific advert then they won't take any action.

Top Bottom