• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chinese Hi-Fi products mainly speakers.

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
They're certainly nice looking drivers.
Part of me is deeply skeptical, and another part of me is sorely tempted...
fortunately, the remaining part of me is cheap, and the drivers aren't cheap enough for me to reasonably consider buying a pair just to play with. ;)

F-15-45.jpg

I wonder if the 1970's era X-mas tree bulb in the center lights up?

JWAmerica

You're tiresome. Go waste somebody else's time.
This is a site for objectivism. If you don't have measurements of any kind to show, all you have is a subjective opinion. Making claims with nothing to substantiate them is a true waste of everyone's time. Can you provide even one frequency response graph for this driver?

Vandemann

All you had to do is a simple search under the speaker's name:

Now go away.

JWAmerica

All you had to do is a simple search under the speaker's name:

Now go away.
You think those are remotely accurate measurements? Nope. So smoothed I'd call it dishonest on the part of the manufacturer. I also doubt some of the T/S parameters. 15" cone + whizzer is 13.7g? Maybe if it were made from tissue paper.

Attachments

• 6Mfq7Rw.jpg
    6Mfq7Rw.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 173

peanuts

Vandemann, i do not mean to be a dickhead :) what i am is frustrated with people that have little respect for the science of audio.
for years i walked around not believing in measurements, then after listening to various setups and looking at speaker theory it seemed something was off.
the two worst speakers i have ever purchased were based on no sound theory, no credible specs and NO measurements. (this includes the silver iris posted above)
the funny thing is that while i owned them i was happy with them, i thought they sounded great, until i started to build/purchase speakers based on common sense speaker theory. i quickly realized how stupid i was, and i really started to appreciate measurements.
iv seen the same happen to many people who freequent forums for extended periods of time :)

Last edited:

Vandemann

You think those are remotely accurate measurements? Nope. So smoothed I'd call it dishonest on the part of the manufacturer. I also doubt some of the T/S parameters. 15" cone + whizzer is 13.7g? Maybe if it were made from tissue paper.

More unsubstantiated negativity. Please, let it go.

AudioGod66

AudioGod66

http://www.sendsound.cn/ This company were big a few years ago in China and the big floor standers sound good. Apparently they make most of there money producing good speakers for Western companies under NDA

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Those speakers you posted are actually very cheap, to a point no one will believe. There is one B&W clone which only sells for a few thousands USD. The Paiyon flagship is only around 3000 USD. Is it because Chinese get to make things so cheap or the market is so intense they have to sell that low. Anyway not against you or Chinese, just amazed by what they can achieve.:)

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
I have a pair of SoundArtist SC8B which I imported via china hifi audio. They had some good (subjective only) reviews and I just fancied the look of the coaxials. Properly positioned they sound very impressive and are being fed by various Chinese Classs-D and Chinese Tube amplifiers. Bang for the buck is excellent, though my Bangalore made, French designed Allo Volt-D is my favourite. Well-measuring competition from our eastern brethren can only be a good thing for the rather sedate hifi market.

AudioGod66

Those speakers you posted are actually very cheap, to a point no one will believe. There is one B&W clone which only sells for a few thousands USD. The Paiyon flagship is only around 3000 USD. Is it because Chinese get to make things so cheap or the market is so intense they have to sell that low. Anyway not against you or Chinese, just amazed by what they can achieve.:)
interesting a clone of -surely you mean Elipson of France that B&W cloned ? There are indeed many copies some of which sound very good -others are shit! The Paiyon company have a tight operation and this speaker seems insane value for sure and it is miles beyond those B&W clones some serious engineering went into the design of everything(all drivers designed by them) to do with these speakers -there are several good video of the designer talking and demoing the P82 with various tracks using very high quality recording setup -anyway these are probably not for headbangers but they may still do that well :)

AudioGod66

A follow up to a couple of post's I made.
The Paiyon P82 I have a Chinese video site which has a recording of various music being played (and you will notice on the right side has many other clips of other Chinese speakers) so worth a look and another which shows the specs and quality of the P82se cryo version. I want to stress I have nothing whatsoever to do with this company. It looks like for an ordinary size room these could be very good. Anyway each speaker is matched and tested in an anechoic chamber by an engineer and given a certificate.

Have you heard of cryogenic loudspeakers ?
World Second Cryogenic Loudspeaker, after BORRESEN
PAIYON AUDIO, one the most advance loudspeaker manufacturer in China finally prove their technology not only in conventional loudspeaker, their are launching their Special Edition 3-way loudspeaker, the P82-SE (CRYO Special Edition version), gathering PAIYON know-how technology, advance components to build an ultimate high fidelity loudspeaker.
Paiyon P82-SE is a 3-way, sealed box loudspeaker. Each loudspeaker weight is 55kg, and height is 1062mm , width more than one feet, mark at 423mm and depth 546mm (feet dimension)
What is so unique about the Paiyon P82-SE ?
Titanium faceplate basket for HF Tweeter
Dual layer membranes (Made in Germany)
Special coated damping material
Premium quality Neodymium magnet
Large 6inch Soft-dome midrange driver (Patented Design: 201930275862.9)
Aerospace grade Y35 magnet
3" large reinforce voice coil
Alu-Magnesium + POM Polyoxymethylene Material Basket (Compared to many loudspeaker , they use low rigid basket and cause many distortion to the sound)
Special coated damping material
8inch mid-low woofer x 2
Aerospace grade Y35 magnet
Alu-Magnesium Material basket
Ultra linear magnet curve technology
Large diameter magnet
Internal Cryogenic components:
✅ Multi Gauge Pure Silver Solid Core + Monocrystal OCC speaker cable
✅ Gold plated high purity OFC jumper
✅ Crossover components
✅ VIBORG AUDIO BP-604 Carbon Speaker terminal
First Impression
Paiyon P82SE comes with a large wood crate. It is heavy, each boxes weight at 80kg including the loudspeaker. It comes with a certificate signed by the acoustic engineer. The loudspeaker comes with a match pair serial number. The speaker indicates Serial Number with 00xxxL, and 00xxxR.
We hook up to the ToneWinner AD-3Pro. This is a pure class-A Integrated amplifier rated at 150watt at 8 ohms. Paiyon P82-SE original impedance rated at 4 ohms , recommended amplifier from 100watt to 300watt, sensitivity is 86db.
There is no problem for the AD-3Pro to match with the Paiyon loudspeaker, in fact, AD-3Pro is sufficient to drive Paiyon loudspeakers.
We hook up with BMC BCDC1.1 Top loading fully balanced CD Player, and a pair of XLR Cable to AD-3Pro.
Tonality was superb!
The soft dome tweeter delivers sweet, and smooth tonality sounding, high detail tha able to provide depth and large sound imaging.
Low frequency bass with layering
We can listen to a large amount of bass in every note
Overall Sound Imaging / Staging
Usually we need to adjust the loudspeaker placement correctly, then only we are able to get the nice precise sound stage. However, P82-SE is able to provide a good depth sound stage even if the whole setup is messy. Surrounded by many other speakers, both speakers are different distances from the wall , and different distances to the seat. P82-SE is able to playback very lively sounding music.
It shows that this loudspeaker's internal built quality is superb! The resonance, distortion are extremely low.
The whole presentation is very transparent, I was literally blown away by the performance of the P82-SE.
Conclusion
This is the first impression yet the loudspeaker hasn't run-in. After 300hours burn-in, let's see how it performs? We are looking forward on it.
Generally, we amaze with the sound transparency, very stable and extremely low noise floor. Easy to listen, and sound great!

Before delivery, all loudspeaker tested in Anechoic chamber. Once pass the test, engineer will provide a Certificate for each loudspeaker.
Specification
Frequency response: 40hz - 35,000hz
Crossover point: 400hz , 2700hz
Impedance : 4ohms
Recommended Amplifier: 200W - 400W
Weight per speaker: 55kg
Only 5pair, specially allocated for Malaysia market.
Limited stock with every matching pair serial number~!
Another level of ultra high fidelity sound~!
Please contact us for more details:
AUDIO ART SDN.BHD.
Warranty : 12 Years (144months)

Randy Fucce

You are very correct.
There are many speaker manufacturers or assembly factories for speakers in China.
But good manufacturers are hard to find

Here are some exported brands of China:
1. Edifier(
2. HIVEI
3. IBR Speaker
4. AUSMAN Audio
5. W-king

hope it can hlep you

Sam Ash

Any recent developments in terms of a quality speaker manufacturer in China?

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
Any recent developments in terms of a quality speaker manufacturer in China?

Aurum Cantus have been around for a while and have an excellent reputation. As has SoundArtist (as mentioned before). SMSL have released the Tabebuia.

Karmacoma

Forum Donor
You're the naysayer, post them yourself and support your arguments.
Hitchen's razor case, very basic epistemologic concept, what modern science is based on:
Any affirmation brought without any evidence can be denied without any evidence.
I suggest you keep your feelings aside and accept that state of fact, otherwise you'll have to engage in denying nearly 3000 years of philosophy and science.
Regards.

Top Bottom