• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chest Pain.

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
Again this pile of dead and dying muscle in the chest gave me some pain, can't see a Doctor, but a medic instead, tell me to go to A&E, where the plebs come in no masks and sit nearly on each others laps. If you can get a seat, being there before standing or trying to for four hour leaning on my walking stick and in pain. Then spending two weeks in ICU is not fun.
So this time I said no way, I will relax at home, so my birthday was lovely, my kids forgot again but my niece and nephew never do.
The end of this week I am taking them to Westward Ho in Devon for a week I will love that with water and water pistols.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...x103194248c8586b9!8m2!3d51.038862!4d-4.238105

Now Alan who does the cables I designed for EWA has just come back from Cornwall and his lovely wife is not well, so the cables side will be on hold for a while.

https://www.abcaudio.biz/

Now of to my pit (workshop) to build a 2KW A/B stereo amp for my headphones, to blow the brain away.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Happy belated birthday! Do get the chest checked out. Who knows, maybe this time the hospital visit won't be as bad as the last. Assumptions are the mother of all f*ck ups, I've learned again and again. :) Get well soon!

AudioJester

Forum Donor
This is the stupidest thing I have read in a while, completely the wrong message.
If anyone has chest pain seek medical attention immediately!!!
Most people who die of heart disease ignore their symptoms, and succumb to a condition that is eminently treatable theses days.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last thing you want to do is ignore seeing a Doctor and following their orders. Around five years ago my cardiologist put me on Warfarin. Had to get blood checked once a month, and it was a real pia, so I took myself off of it. Around a year later, I was walking up a hill in my neighborhood on the way to the store, and I ran completely out of breath, I literally could not catch my breath and felt myself blacking out. My last conscious thought was "this is how it ends for me." I woke up after an indeterminate time with a compress on my head, which was bleeding from where I fell, and I had a broken nose. I went by ambulance to St Thomas Midtown Hospital in Nashville, and a cat scan revealed I suffered a saddle embolism in both lungs. Because I had fallen and could possibly have had a brain bleed, they couldn't treat the embolism as aggressively as they would have liked, and my attending physician hold me there was a good possibility I would die in the next 24 hours. Fortunately, I was much tougher than he thought (had a much stronger heart than he could have guessed), and I luckily survived.

You may not be that lucky. Get thee to a hospital!

Grumpish

Don't ignore those warning shots - I did, and while I got lucky and dodged the bullet, I still ended up spending a week in the intensive cardiac unit, and another two weeks on a general ward waiting for surgery.

OP
Colin James Wonfor

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
The last few days I have chilled out, tried heavy breathing on the phone but kept giggling, so wife knew who it was bum.
Had more blood tests, and now the wait, but the last few day no pain yippee OK loud music hides the screams.
I bet my soldering iron is missing me. She is hot phew.

bravomail

Again this pile of dead and dying muscle in the chest gave me some pain

Try this drink:
crush 1 lemon (with skin) and 1 whole garlic - in mixer or manually. Heat in 1L of water until it boils. Steep. Filter. Drink.
Do it daily at least for 2 weeks. Do some physical activity in 30 min after drinking.
It will unclog your arteries.
I have similar condition. It helped me.

OP
Colin James Wonfor

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
I love the Tube Vid, I used two TH250 in a Gas Laser controller for cutting ceramic PCBs and made a SECA with one.
The heaters needed 20Amps crazy but fun.

OP
Colin James Wonfor

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
Sorry I hate Garlic, and my arteries are all clear, the first damage was when I was 34 yrs old went on sail boat race in November near Denmark, fell over board, hypo therm (cant spell it sorry) set in. And the next day massive chest pain, Pericarditis nasty spent 8 week in ICU.
The pericardium if you survive grow thicker, and in my case this saved my life I had a aneurism in the main artery and it took out the big valve. Normally dead in mins. (that would have pleased GM) but the extra thick pericardium saved my life by giving me time.
I get home after many weeks, and start to move until I decided to walk to my friend Blu at the village post office, a massive stroke, then left me right side dead, and I was told I would never walk or talk again, oh shit. Well six months of swearing inside my first word was "picnic" soon I was push the bloody wheel chair, now after a 2 year re-hab thing I walk badly with a stick. And when stressed I get shit hell chest pains.

The odd thing the first hospital ICU my son was born the second was on his Birthday 31st Jan.

diddley

Forum Donor
Sorry I hate Garlic, and my arteries are all clear, the first damage was when I was 34 yrs old went on sail boat race in November near Denmark, fell over board, hypo therm (cant spell it sorry) set in. And the next day massive chest pain, Pericarditis nasty spent 8 week in ICU.
The pericardium if you survive grow thicker, and in my case this saved my life I had a aneurism in the main artery and it took out the big valve. Normally dead in mins. (that would have pleased GM) but the extra thick pericardium saved my life by giving me time.
I get home after many weeks, and start to move until I decided to walk to my friend Blu at the village post office, a massive stroke, then left me right side dead, and I was told I would never walk or talk again, oh shit. Well six months of swearing inside my first word was "picnic" soon I was push the bloody wheel chair, now after a 2 year re-hab thing I walk badly with a stick. And when stressed I get shit hell chest pains.

The odd thing the first hospital ICU my son was born the second was on his Birthday 31st Jan.
Glad you are still around and are able to tell such a horrific story.
Something simular happened to me.ICU is terrible and i hope i will never have to see it again, the same i hope for you!

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
No one should be giving any medical advice unless they are a registered Doctor... I don't think ASR is the right place to be asking medical advice either, @AdamG247.
JSmith

No way! This is the Internet. All kinds of advice is given all day long everyday. Millions of people giving out medical advice. Some are Lawn Maintenance guys, auto mechanics, Starbucks employees etc. If unprofessional advice was stopped, the internet would dry up and wither. That is Un-American!!! :)

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The last few days I have chilled out, tried heavy breathing on the phone but kept giggling, so wife knew who it was bum.
Had more blood tests, and now the wait, but the last few day no pain yippee OK loud music hides the screams.
I bet my soldering iron is missing me. She is hot phew.
Chest pain, (angina), doesn't not necessarily lead to 2 weeks in the ICU.

In my case, I experienced my first signs of angina around age 42. I have a stress test on the treadmill but no occlusion could be diagnosed at the time. I lived for 18 years with mild angina that seem to gradually reduced to almost nothing. But then it suddenly got much worse. I was diagnosed with significant cardiac artery blockage. An operation was in the works but given the Ontario insurance plan I need to wait 5 months for that. Meanwhile I received very effective medications that greatly reduced the angina.

Finally I got my triple-bypass operation; that was 15 years ago and I've had no angina since. I spent a total of 5 days in hospital of which zero days were in the ICU apart from the day of the operation itself.

gene_stl

Forum Donor
And sometimes one is lucky, and receives advice from persons that are actually qualified to give it.
angina is a symptom of an underlying condition, not a condition itself.

Colin, in case you haven't noticed, is a rather intelligent individual, and understands his own case perfectly, and really wasn't asking for advice. It seemed more along the lines of "this gettin old shit ain't for the faint of heart" if I am reading him correctly. now.

Anyone who knows what to do should always step up to the plate as a good samaritan if that appears to be needed. Regardless of how much medical education or experience they have had. even on the internet.

Top Bottom