• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chest Pain.

OP
Colin James Wonfor

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
Thank you Gene, but I am really thick honest.
I take 15-16 pills a day and it not that nice Belgium Pils. I enjoyed when I lived in Antwerpen,
1440-0w0h0_Westmalle_Trappist_Dubbel_Amber_Belgian_Beer.jpg

OK this is not Pils, but after a few who cares mmm he he:facepalm:

DWI

Again this pile of dead and dying muscle in the chest gave me some pain, can't see a Doctor, but a medic instead, tell me to go to A&E, where the plebs come in no masks and sit nearly on each others laps. If you can get a seat, being there before standing or trying to for four hour leaning on my walking stick and in pain. Then spending two weeks in ICU is not fun.
So this time I said no way, I will relax at home, so my birthday was lovely, my kids forgot again but my niece and nephew never do.
The end of this week I am taking them to Westward Ho in Devon for a week I will love that with water and water pistols.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...x103194248c8586b9!8m2!3d51.038862!4d-4.238105

Now Alan who does the cables I designed for EWA has just come back from Cornwall and his lovely wife is not well, so the cables side will be on hold for a while.

https://www.abcaudio.biz/

Now of to my pit (workshop) to build a 2KW A/B stereo amp for my headphones, to blow the brain away.

Not wishing to correct you, but it's Westward Ho!, the only place in the UK (or anywhere else I know of) with an exclamation mark. I remember reading the book when I was a kid, don't know whether the book or the place came first, but was about Francis Drake, whose family home we once visited somewhere in South Devon, near Lustleigh or thereabouts. Nothing beats an ice cream on an English beach, was doing just that at Aldebrough yesterday. The North Devon Coast is absolutely lovely.

I was thinking about your cables. I had some TQ's when you were there, also my son still has a 1980s Claymore going strong. I have a new set-up with the hifi at the side of the room and was wondering if the LS40 or LS80 are OK in uneven lengths - I was thinking 2m and 5m.

p.s. I married a young lady from Antwerpen. The second best thing about Belgium is the endless supply of craft beers.
This place takes some beating, https://www.thebottleshop.be/gallery, although this place in Norwich is rather special. http://www.thebelgianmonk.com/pdf/beer.pdf

OP
Colin James Wonfor

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
DWI my writing skill are crap, so sorry about !
It is also famous for another man he wrote the Jungle Book Based on Rudyard Kipling's 1894 .
My grandma lived at Lynton, I love it there with the cliff railway.
Cable length at this size should not be noticed, go to Pinkfish Media and get on the try first list.
The New Claymore is much better. But I have very little to do with the marketing side thank god, just R&D and that is about it.
Many more designs sitting on the 3 PC,s waiting for homes, but money not in plentiful supply to get them to market.
Would loved to see some made even under licence before I pop my clogs.
Belgium. My friends the Van Moebeke live there I have watch the family grow and been part of there lives since 1976 and the start of Magnum, I miss them. Marc made the Etude loud speakers, and I spent many a fine holiday/working days with them, when I could then drink a nice beer,.
We where at Brasschat do you go there?

DWI

DWI my writing skill are crap, so sorry about !
It is also famous for another man he wrote the Jungle Book Based on Rudyard Kipling's 1894 .
My grandma lived at Lynton, I love it there with the cliff railway.
Cable length at this size should not be noticed, go to Pinkfish Media and get on the try first list.
The New Claymore is much better. But I have very little to do with the marketing side thank god, just R&D and that is about it.
Many more designs sitting on the 3 PC,s waiting for homes, but money not in plentiful supply to get them to market.
Would loved to see some made even under licence before I pop my clogs.
Belgium. My friends the Van Moebeke live there I have watch the family grow and been part of there lives since 1976 and the start of Magnum, I miss them. Marc made the Etude loud speakers, and I spent many a fine holiday/working days with them, when I could then drink a nice beer,.
We where at Brasschat do you go there?

My in-laws liven in Kiel on the other side of town, a sort walk from the de Singel arts and performance centre. We took our kids on holiday to Knokke three or four times each year, as did my wife before them and her father before her. We were last there the winter before lockdown, -3 degrees on the beach, the fog in Bruges was a pea-souper. Had a lovely time, and a few beers.

The Claymore cost £250 about 8 years ago and Paul Quick fixed it up about 3 years ago for the grand sum of £125. I think he may have sent it to you. My son is perfectly happy with it and a very old pair of Ruark. He mainly uses it for records, it has a very good phono. I once had your Iridium phono. He is not an audiophile and is perfectly happy with it and a Rega P3, even though he works on the design team for a very modern spatial audio and lighting product (zuma.ai) that I'm installing in my house. The units are about the size of a jar of Tiptree marmalade, just as sweet but a little more expensive. I suspect there is some mileage yet in your clogs, maybe another phono amp, you've been predicting their popping ever since the guy at TQ damn near stressed you off the planet.

I will enquire at PFM, there are some good write-ups there.

p.s. I got the Claymore from Audio Gold. The times I've been in there they had a Claymore or Magnum or two on the shelves. They are now listing a Claymore for £750. https://audiogold.co.uk/product/13078/ Your new one seems to have pushed up prices!

OP
Colin James Wonfor

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
Whoop price up on old kit is bad, it make me feel old and antique like the amp. Me cry in corner now boo hooo:confused:
I love Bruges did you ever go to the Mozart Bar on the canal, I spent a wonderful XMas there as a guess of the owner, and the square what a smashing place, with the museum etc. And the café up the stairs the coffee was great , wish I could go back again, Marc lived at St Job a tiny village, near the Swan factory, when I first went I saw signs for Lido, being ignorant of the world at 20 I thought it was a swimming pool whoops wrong. Rita told me what they were, he he:facepalm:

Last edited:

DWI

Whoop price up on old kit is bad, it make me feel old and antique like the amp. Me cry in corner new boo hooo:confused:
I love Bruges did you ever go to the Mozart Bar on the canal, I spent a wonderful XMas there as a guess of the owner, and the square what a smashing place, with the museum etc. And the café up the stairs the coffee was great , wish I could go back again, Marc lived at St Job a tiny village, near the Swan factory, when I first went I saw signs for Lido, being ignorant of the world at 20 I thought it was a swimming pool whoops wrong. Rita told me what they were, he he:facepalm:

We ate at the Mozart Bar last time we were in Bruges, in part because the difference between the inside and outside temperature was about 40 centigrade. Although Belgium's most famous consumables are beer, chocolate and chips (frituur mayo), there's a saying that if you want good French food, go to Belgium. My favourite restaurant in Antwerp was Pizza Arte, a bit of a local institution.

So many people drive through Belgium on the way to NL, DK and Poland, without stopping - their loss.

OP
Colin James Wonfor

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
What was the name of that bar in Antwerp in the diamond district, below the cobbled street?

Top Bottom