• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

cheapest DAC that displays sample rate and bit depth?

skyfly

What is the cheapest DAC that displays both the sample rate and the bit depth of the input signal?

OP
S

skyfly

I'd say Topping D10. But I'm wondering why the bit depth should matter? Once it is 88.1 or 96Khz, you know it's 24bits, right?

The cable TV modem has a non-bi-passable volume control for HDMI and optical audio output. I want to know whether the digital volume works in 16 bit or higher bit.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why wouldn't there be 88/96 16-bit streams :)?
Because I've never seen this kind of file in the consumer audio world. ;) I mean: Does 16bits above 48Khz even exist?
The cable TV modem has a non-bi-passable volume control for HDMI and optical audio output. I want to know whether the digital volume works in 16 bit or higher bit.
I believe most TV modem outputs are 24bits/48Khz or higher, but I may be wrong.

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have several classical music DVDs that have 16/48kHz Audio Streams. Above 48kHz I have never encountered 16bit
Same here. It "exists" somehow, but I've never seen any audio signal with 16bits 88.1/96Khz or above... in my life.:D

image.png

Top Bottom