• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheap USB Otoscope that doesnt suck balls

Graph Feppar

I bought a cheap USB otoscope camera for 5.50 euro from Amazon and the thing is completly unusable, the image is extremly blurry. There is many various models of these cheap chinese USB otoscopes, which one doesnt suck and provides sharp picture?

The one I bought said 5.5mm on Amazon but is really a 8.0mm diameter and the resolution was supposed to be 1280 x 720 but in reality its ultra blurry 640 x 480. If you could suggest me some model, preferabely below 30€ that isnt super blurry I would be so happy. There is so many models and I dont feel like playing another lottery with my money again, I dont want to waste my money on another useless piece of shit.

This is the one that I got, dont buy it, even though its cheap, its completly useless.
https://www.amazon.de/Generic-Führt...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=THWCV9G2Z59YRFF53HS0

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Specs on Amazon state:
Objektiv-Durchmesser: 5.5MM / 7MM
Auflösung 640 * 480

OP
Graph Feppar

Graph Feppar

I see... I think it said 5.5mm when I was buying it two weeks ago, they changed it or I mistaken it for similiar camera. The exact same model is sold by many more sellers with various levels of accessories. Even in the manual it says 1280 x 720 but also the 640 x 480 resolution, dont know how to unlock that higher resolution but considering how blurry the image is, it wont make any difference.

IMG_20190225_155232.jpg

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Its price could be indicative for its quality ?

OP
Graph Feppar

Graph Feppar

Well, I knew its going to be cheap crap but I thought its going to be atleast borderline usable, and its not, not even close.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Well, I knew its going to be cheap crap but I thought its going to be atleast borderline usable, and its not, not even close.

Got a screenshot of its output?

Is it designed for "close-up" and not "wide view"?

(I plead ignance)

Top Bottom