• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheap DAP ($30-40 MP3 players that can use BT) using a good BT DAC (like a BTR5)???

bsas

So, honest question...

If one buy those very cheap "MP3 Player" that can decode FLAC (there is a bunch) and play via BT and use a good BT/DAC like for example the BTR5, is that a viable "two piece" cheap DAP?
What would be the limitations of that setup?

Thanks!

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Rather than having a somewhat compromised 2-piece setup I’d rather spend a few £ extra and buy a Hiby r3 pro Saber that can do all you want plus streaming for £200, by all accounts its actually pretty decent.

OP
B

bsas

Rather than having a somewhat compromised 2-piece setup I’d rather spend a few £ extra and buy a Hiby r3 pro Saber that can do all you want plus streaming for £200, by all accounts its actually pretty decent.

Well, I already have the BTR5, so, it is a difference of $200ish vs $30-40ish?

zeropoint

The Hiby R2 is capable of transmitting over BT using the LDAC codec, for example - whereas IME most cheap PDAPs only transmit using only SBC (or maybe AAC) - and can be found currently for less than half the price of the R3PRO (£99,) possibly in anticipation of the imminent release of the slightly cheaper R2 Gen II, which appears to have mostly the same functionality.

Top Bottom