• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheap dac/amp for laptop !

NemoReborn

Hi there ! As title says , I am looking for a cheap way to bypass my laptop is mediocre sound output !! U could no believe how bad it is...

i could get a dragonfly black for 70$ used from a friend but i was wondering if i had better alternatives!

ezra_s

Forum Donor

A800

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The XtremPro X1 is less expensive and better.

amanieux

Hi there ! As title says , I am looking for a cheap way to bypass my laptop is mediocre sound output !! U could no believe how bad it is...

i could get a dragonfly black for 70$ used from a friend but i was wondering if i had better alternatives!
what laptop do you have ? make sure the windows audio can switch between audio for internal speaker and audio on headphone jack, the only time i had really poor audio ( i am a software engineer and i used many laptops brands) was on dell laptop where the audio driver (custom installed by company admin for pc fleet deployment) was stuck on a equalized mode that boosted internal speaker volume and did not switch the equalizer mode to normal (flat) when i plugged headphones in the laptop jack

Last edited:
Top Bottom