• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheap Chinese optical SPDIF switches

bennetng

Major Contributor
And here is the switcher I measured in Red, vs the Vlink device with a much lower jitter clock. In places the jitter raises the noise floor more than 30 db. You also see some spikes of periodic jitter. The highest of which are less than -70 db from the signal.

View attachment 40608
Oppo's explanation on HDMI jitter:
https://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=129&ProdID=UDP-205

BTW, here are 24/48 and 24/96 J-Tests of my mainboard's ALC892 output.
jtest.png

OP
R

rah

here are 24/48 and 24/96 J-Tests of my mainboard's ALC892 output.

Thanks. Seeing as you're doing J-Tests as well, can I ask what the source of the wave forms was for your test?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what you used as the source for these waves in your test?
I created the files myself. I used Audacity. I also have a copy of the files JA uses at Stereophile in 24 bit and 16 bit, but only for 44,100 sample rate.

What I normally use is a 11,025 hz sine wave. It effectively makes no difference which I can explain, but to keep it simple won't do here. I also put the level at -.1 db when I make one. For most purposes this is fine. I leave out the low level signal at the lower frequency.

Last edited:
Top Bottom