• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheap (and stable) DAC/AMP headphone toslink combo for Console Gaming ?

Hello!

Last week the Mass Effect Legendary Edition came out and it turned my former non-gamer-girlfriend into a gamer-wife-to-be.
Well this is my second big coup after getting her interested in Italian-American movies and TV shows. Gabagool.
And before you ask: No she has no twin sister :p

So why I am telling you this? Because I started gaming on my PS3 and PS2 and need a budget headphone dac/amp with toslink input.
The console is on my desk and I don't want to have a big amp on it just to drive my headphones.
I will play more and more on retro consoles in the future that's why a standard cinch input is also needed.

I don't need a revelation in sound but something that is stable enough to run standard 32 ohm headphones and without having
distortions on higher volumes. Budget ends at 100 Euros / 100 USD.

The SMSL M3 caught my attention but I am not sure if there is something cheaper that could also do the job.

Anyone that had the same "problem"? Anything that could be recommended?

Thank you in advance.

Top Bottom