• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheap 4.4mm balanced cable for HD650

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What is the most cost efficient way to get a balanced cable for my HD650? since its 4 conductor can it be easily modified?

Thanks!

Maki

I bought the "OKCSC Headphones Cable Replacement Upgrade Cable with 4.4mm Balanced Plug for SENNHEISER Earphones HD650 HD600 HD580 HD535 HD545 HD565 HD265" off amazon. Really catchy name. Reterminating the stock cable should be easy enough, but having built a couple of interconnects and headphone cables myself, I'd rather just pay the premium to have someone else do it for me.

calt

I did a similar modification on a single ended headphone cable. I re-terminated it with a 4.4mm balanced plug. I used a multimeter to figure out which cable is which and worked fine in the end. But if you're not handy with a soldering iron, it may be tricky to solder the cable ends to the plug, the connection parts are close together.

For my HD600, I bought a custom cable over AliExpress for about €25. It's 2 meters long and looks pretty good too. There are multiple options there, where you can select the plugs, cable types and length. The only downside is, the shipping takes really long.

Deckard01

Hi is there any cheap 4.4 cable for my HD600 that have been tested and worth? I look but is difficult to find shipment in Europe.

Thanks a lot!

unpluggged

Vincent Kars

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
You might have a look at Hart Audio Cables.
I bought a replacement cable for my HD800. I choose one terminated with a mini xlr. This allows you to use their interconnects to switch to any termination of choice e.g. 3.5 trs, Pentagon, etc.
The Mogami cable is light and flexible, a great improvement on the original cable.
If you are in Europe like I do, you get shipping cost and import duties, adding substantially to the total cost.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Faaeal or Youkamoo makes very affordable cables. I have both and they're 15-25 bucks for the 4.4mm versions depending on length. On Amazon and AliExpress.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
+ 1 on Faaeal. $16 delivered, works like a charm. Not the easiest brand name to spell though (I copied from Dunring)

Deckard01

+ 1 on Faaeal. $16 delivered, works like a charm. Not the easiest brand name to spell though (I copied from Dunring)

I was checking for this cable but as I see on Amazon is in state not available. Can not find anywhere else in Europe. i would buy this easily if it is/was available

Top Bottom