• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Changes at Parasound

Like any good amp it doesn't have "a sound". They were used in many recording studios. Powerful, clean, transparent and bullet proof, with a 25 year warranty where they send you replacement parts if you don't want to send it to a

That depends on what you call "all of your problems." From a standpoint of audibility, it's just a matter of choosing something with adequate power and operating area for your speakers, room, and desired volume. For non-auditory purposes (looks, feel, features, brand loyalty), you're on your own.

In my case, the JC 5 worked very well. But I don't really feel the need for something that physically large with a concomitant price tag. I just want similar power capability, and the amps I'm using at the moment exceed that, are 10% of the price and size, have lower distortion (which, to be fair isn't audible), and run cooler and more efficiently. But for sure, they don't look as impressive and aren't branded with Curl's name. That stuff isn't important to me, but if it is to you, then be happy with what you have.

As others have noted, the "advances" in power amplifier are in size, efficiency, and cost, not actual sound, but we're pretty close to the limit there as well. John's niche is recycling his 1978 designs into different form factors and branding, but that's commercial work, not actually technology.
All very good points. I'm sorry about yesterday. I was sort of stubbornly stuck on one thing and not very communicating well. I swear I'm not a troll, but I do have a tendency to dwell on something to the extent it aggravates others. That's not going to happen again out here. Thanks for your comments.

Reactions: SIY
OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
All very good points. I'm sorry about yesterday. I was sort of stubbornly stuck on one thing and not very communicating well. I swear I'm not a troll, but I do have a tendency to dwell on something to the extent it aggravates others. That's not going to happen again out here. Thanks for your comments.
No worries at all!

xirtam2005

Buckeye Purifi.

I'd go for the Benchmark ABH2. Just really wish they made a 3 channel one. Using one as mono will give a mismatch in output and is overkill both in amps and money. I'd love a Benchmark ABH3 for LCR and then do something else for surrounds like the Buckeye.

Thanks! Ive been reading more and more about the ABH3 lately and they really do stand out for their performance at price. Plus they look like little monsters! Thanks again

Top Bottom