• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Changes at Parasound

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Now we're drawing a line on the acceptable dollar amount one must spend?
Depends on what you need, just as with everything else. I need a few hundred watts, others can get by with less, and a few others need more. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what you're trying to say.

Not as hard as me scratching mine while hearing a technical expert telling me electronics was solved decades ago.

Sorry... Would love to continue this conversation, but I'm on my way to pick up my new (used) 32" Sony Trinitron. Can't wait to bask in the colors.

OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Not as hard as me scratching mine while hearing a technical expert telling me electronics was solved decades ago.
Perhaps it’s something new to you, in which case I’ve done some good today.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you read any of @amirm DAC reviews, NCore/Purifi amp reviews lately? DAC's and amplifiers were solved many years ago. Speakers are a different beast but we're talking about Parasound and to my knowledge they don't manufacture speakers.

No, I won't read something telling me something has been solved and neither should you. I'm sorry for the way I present myself. I'm really not a bad person.....just overly sarcastic half the time. There are shades of truth when saying electronics is solved, but there's so much more to the story. The availability of parts in the industry is a huge player in what we can design. The discretes market (for one) has shrunk horribly these past several decades. I'd love to have any comp freely available ala carte, but it's no longer the case unfortunately. I'm just unable to subscribe to a statement about 'anything' being solved. While we stand on the shoulders of giants I can agree, nothing is ever solved thank heavens. If it were, the beautiful reviewer on this forum would not have much of a job. You take care. Maybe we can pick up the conversation some other time.

Last edited:
OP
SIY

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
No, I won't read something telling me something has been solved and neither should you. I'm sorry for the way I present myself. I'm really not a bad person.....just overly sarcastic half the time. There are shades of truth when saying electronics is solved, but there's so much more to the story. The availability of parts in the industry is a huge player in what we can design. The discretes market (for one) has shrunk horribly these past several decades. I'd love to have any comp freely available ala carte, but it's no longer the case unfortunately. I'm just unable to subscribe to a statement about 'anything' being solved. While we stand on the shoulders of giants I can agree, nothing is ever solved thank heavens. If it were, the beautiful reviewer on this forum would not have much of a job. You take care. Maybe we can pick up the conversation some other time.
Unfortunately, reality doesn’t care about what you want or don’t want to read.

Since no more advancements can be made, why are you a member of this forum? Where did the truth roulette wheel stop? Class A or Class H? Toroidal power supply, or switched? Balanced inputs or the more common unbalanced? Differential topology? High biased discretes, or 'amp on a chip'. Oh wait, what about the heat?....just curious about what product is the understood truth, so I can just buy it and go on. So many questions I have.

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some of this is in order.

troll-spray.png

Some of this is in order.

View attachment 285286
I'm learning on here and won't be jumping in any more conversations like this....because I don't really care. I'll stick to just reading after this thread. You can see I'm new on here, but I just didn't think I'd hear something like that within 24 hours of joining. I'm an electronics designer (digital) in 'reality' and have been chasing the audio dragon a long time. I'm not a troll, sorry it looked like that. I'm done.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Troll or not, you're in with a lot of analog designers here. You'll have to up your game to get any traction in future.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

MAB

Major Contributor
I'm learning on here and won't be jumping in any more conversations like this....because I don't really care. I'll stick to just reading after this thread. You can see I'm new on here, but I just didn't think I'd hear something like that within 24 hours of joining. I'm an electronics designer (digital) in 'reality' and have been chasing the audio dragon a long time. I'm not a troll, sorry it looked like that. I'm done.
Welcome to ASR.
You did come across like a troll. Easy to do online. Statements like:
I hate arrogant people as well, but you should really listen to one of his designs sometime. He's in his 80's now. Because I can't explain what comes out of my JC5 to people, I have no choice but to give him a pass.
will run you into the weeds here. Kind of like singing the praises of Class-D on a SET thread.

"you should really listen to one of his designs sometime" is a typical patronizing statement repeated tirelessly here to imply the poster has invested, or has means to buy, or obtained a special wealth of experienced that invalidates other people's understanding of how electronics operates and human hearing work. Again, imagine going to a random forum, and posting as you did...

You have a JC5 which seems like a pretty good amp. I've never heard one.

Thanks, and I'm sorry. I'm none of those things, and probably didn't read my comments from the perspective of the reader. I appreciate your comments and I'll be sure to be careful in my future postings. Thank you again.

... especially the advice on "you should really listen to one of his designs sometime". I didn't know this would've been forward or demeaning, but I will watch out for sure on what I say. I really just want to read stuff anyway. I didn't mean to make anybody feel bad.

Top Bottom