• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cessaro Liszt four way horns

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Approaching the first anniversary attempting to sell these Cessaro ‘Liszt’ loudspeakers, I never dreamt it would be so difficult, how the manufacturer can charge $191000.00 for a new pair is beyond me when I cant sell this immaculate pair for £35k.
Keith

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Approaching the first anniversary attempting to sell these Cessaro ‘Liszt’ loudspeakers, I never dreamt it would be so difficult, how the manufacturer can charge $191000.00 for a new pair is beyond me when I cant sell this immaculate pair for £35k.
Keith

Maybe that's the problem, the sort of stylish young chap about town who values their place in society isn't interested in pound land stuff. Lowering themselves to buy a pair of speakers for £35k might give the impression that they are the type of person who had to buy their furniture or (shudder) shop at Waitrose with the riff raff. Try putting the price up to £100k and see how it goes.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

This is perhaps the wrong forum for this kind of speaker. The amount asked seems well below the current retail price but we, (talking in the name of the collective without the right to :(), have learned to build entire systems that shall sound better than a pair of the Cessaro at a fraction of the price asked ... We're talking about superlative systems covering 20 Hz to 20 KHz @ all SPL from a murmur to thunder-loud SPL at infinitesimal THD.
I don't think those regular and persistent bump will elicit much interest beyond the, now, customary jokes ...

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If someone would be kind enough to advertise them for me on ‘What’s a Brain’ forum I would be grateful !
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Now on ‘Audio Markt’ Euros 36k.
Keith

Juhazi

Major Contributor
My guess is that potential byers don't hang around this forum - or any other audio forum.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I don’t expect anyone here to buy them, but ASR is a major forum now, if you search for Cessaro ‘Liszt’ my ASR advert is very near the top.
Keith

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t expect anyone here to buy them, but ASR is a major forum now, if you search for Cessaro ‘Liszt’ my ASR advert is very near the top.
Keith

Yes, you make about 70% of my Cessaro search results here and elsewhere :) Heavily discounted expensive model not selling for ages, that's not exactly creating a good Cessaro Internet brand image. My business side tells me they should have taken back the unsold inventory, no questions asked...

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Yes, you make about 70% of my Cessaro search results here and elsewhere :) Heavily discounted expensive model not selling for ages, that's not exactly creating a good Cessaro Internet brand image. My business side tells me they should have taken back the unsold inventory, no questions asked...
Yes we all think the same , obviously they aren't mega bright lol

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I don’t think Ralph cares too much, as long as the odd sale to the Far East continues , Cessaro have never sold well in Europe, but with the Chinese slowdown, eggs in one basket etc etc.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Cessaro ‘Liszt’ $191000.00 !
Mine are a far more reasonable £35k inc vat,
Here they are next to AvantGarde’s ‘Zeros’,

Keith