• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CES 2017: Scansonic Acoustic

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A8012.jpg

I had a double take when I walked into this suite as it looked just like the one next to it from Raidho. I mentioned that to the man in the suite and said they were all from same parent company/person who started scanspeak drivers (which itself got sold to Taiwanese Kyet). Scansonic is their lower-priced version of Raidho although I believe it is run as a separate company.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Cha Cha Bonita by Charly Antolini. https://shz.am/t60683653

Excellent. The sound signature is very much that of Raidho at a fraction of a price. The ones I listened to retail for just $7,000. I always thought Raidho had good sound but just too expensive. Scansonic fixes that.

Last edited:

TitaniumTroy

Amir, thanks for your comments between the two brands, I have been wondering about the differences for awhile. I love the look of that amp in person, just pitch black, but the price not so much. Also like the sound of the Radio's, but the Scansonic was never on when I visited the room at AXPONA.

Last edited:

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My pleasure. Didn't know Scansonic was at AXPONA so not on my radar either. :) Agree the amps are super expensive but very nice looking.

Reminds me of an engine short block.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
There were a lot of comments at the AVS forum in the Dynaudio owner's thread a year or two ago (before Dynaudio came out with all the upgraded new models) that Scansonic can be had even cheaper than the MSRP...like 30-40% cheaper.

Top Bottom