• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CES 2017: Mark Levinson, Revel Salon 2 Speakers

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I often forget whether I have the ML or the JBL playing, here at the desk, after switching, with my back to them.The visual tell is a red/green Zone1/Zone2 LED on the preamp.

Cassandra (above), a little louder than I was listening before, at the couch:

View attachment 5192

Funny you say that:

When I set up my stress test for @fas42, I dragged my old Dynaudio Audience 42s and put them right next to my Martin Logan Electromtions.

Over the course of a couple of weeks, I swapped cables on them now and then.

A few times, when I was just casually listening, I found myself having forgotten which I had done last and unsure at first which was active. I completely shocked myself.

I honestly would not have thought I could confuse an electrostat vs a 5" mini-monitor, not even for a few seconds.

The only explanation I have is that my room must be dictating my sound more than I thought.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Now I used Tidal and have stopped buying all CDs.

I know, I tried their buffet. Then I met the Chef and Kitchen Help, we didn't hit it off.

If I don't want to listen to something from my collection I turn on the radio, which is probably something else you've abandoned in your headlong race into the future.

Having eaten an inordinate number of meals "out" by virtue of being on the road for a long time, I came to realize that a good meal of appropriate portions and better than bland quality was more to my liking than the "all you can eat" places.

Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Interestingly enough, the Salon 2 was suggested as one of the speakers I should audition in my quest for my Maggie replacements. Revel Salon 2 (and maybe the F208), and Salk Soundscape 12 conventional speakers, Magnepan 3.7 and 20.7 planar dynamics, and Sanders ESL are on the short list for now. As has happened the past few years, something else seems to always demand my bonus, and my toys get put on hold...

Top Bottom