• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CES 2017: Harman, JBL Synthesis, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Revel Speakers

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A8134.jpg

The Harman room was super crowded. I went there twice but could not get a chance to chat with Kevin. With them filling in their portfolio including having speakers above $5K to $10K (below the Revel Studio line), they are certainly get much more interest.

Being both friends and customers of the company, PLEASE take everything I say with a grain of salt. :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I just used Shazam to discover J.S. Bach: Suite For Cello Solo No.2 In D Minor, BWV 1008-1. Prélude by János Starker & György Sebök. https://shz.am/t63061274

Revel F208Be (white towers) announced at the show ($9,000/pair). Excellent. Smooth.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I just used Shazam to discover In A Mellow Tone by Javon Jackson & David Hazeltine & Tony Reedus & Paul Gill. https://shz.am/t102449297

Revel F208Be. Great sax in middle. Light, smooth sound.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What about the Lexicon Speaker the Beolab 90 competitor?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I saw no trace of it. Was going to ask Kevin about it but he was too busy with other people and I did not want to take up his time. I searched online at the time but could not find any press release about it. So didn't know where it was being shown. It was not in this suite.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I saw no trace of it. Was going to ask Kevin about it but he was too busy with other people and I did not want to take up his time. I searched online at the time but could not find any press release about it. So didn't know where it was being shown. It was not in this suite.
It was upstairs at the Hard Rock.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Amir, you definitely screwed up. Thank you Kal!

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Looks like I got out-scooped by Kal! :D My future as an audio reporter is becoming dimmer and dimmer....
Amir, you definitely screwed up. Thank you Kal!
I was not constrained by the burden of "covering" the show and I had help from my friends. Also, that was my only report from CES.

Last edited:
Top Bottom