• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Centralized List of Amir-Recommended Components?

griff92092

Hi all,

Sorry I'm new. I've been reading the reviews for a while and appreciate them. Wishing there was an easy list to consult with those components Amir recommends most. Maybe there is and I haven't found it?

For instance, I'd like to buy some separates. I'd love to get the NAD M27 but it's discontinued. Amir is down on the M28, so... ugh. I've been through this routine at least a dozen times, where either the power amplifier or the surround processor is determined to have issues by Amir. I'd love to make a couple of really solid investments and get surround set up, but I'm struggling to identify which components those should be. Does anyone have suggestions for high-end components (amplifier and processor separates) that are a) strongly recommended by Amir and b) currently available?

Gratitude for any help,

Byorn

OP
G

griff92092

Quick follow-up? I'm mainly finding review of AVRs, but I'd like to go the separates route. Are there any pre/pros Amir recommends? They seem to be lumped in with the AVR category in the database you so kindly directed me to, but the only recommended items within that category are AVRs. Just wondering if he ever makes recommendations for pre/pros...

Would be grateful for any help,

OP
G

griff92092

Quick follow-up? I'm mainly finding review of AVRs, but I'd like to go the separates route. Are there any pre/pros Amir recommends? They seem to be lumped in with the AVR category in the database you so kindly directed me to, but the only recommended items within that category are AVRs. Just wondering if he ever makes recommendations for pre/pros...

i.e., he does not dig the NAD M17 for example. So he clearly has reviewed pre/pros. Just having trouble finding one he'd endorse...

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

I take care of the data. I haven't separated AVR/AVPs and pre-pros, not having an HT mindset.

I can do it, but it might take me a while.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So he clearly has reviewed pre/pros. Just having trouble finding one he'd endorse...
There isn't any that I recommend. I have reviewed half a dozen. Get a Denon AVR and shut off its amps and use it as a processor!

OP
G

griff92092

There isn't any that I recommend. I have reviewed half a dozen. Get a Denon AVR and shut off its amps and use it as a processor!

Wow, thanks for the swift reply! I’m honored to get one from The Source. So maybe a x3700H (can’t find any of the 3600s you liked so well...) plus an NAD m28 (can’t find any of the m27s you liked so well...)? Or would an m28 be overkill for 5.1? That’s all I’ll be running (Focal Aria line)

Much gratitude for all you do! Will chip in for your composition lessons shortly!

Top Bottom