• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

center speaker against a wall

OP
ta240

ta240

Major Contributor
What are your Mains?
to also help clarify the level of quality I'm looking for, the system until recently was Overnight Sensations MTs for the sides and an MTM for the center. So most things should be an upgrade but I just want to get the best I can for the money so I'm not looking at upgrading again soon.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Considering many consider the Center in a HT application the most important of the Front 3, what is your budget for this and any future upgrade?

What are your goals for the whole system?

You mentioned above wanting wide dispersion...
How far off-axis is this side seat?

OP
ta240

ta240

Major Contributor
about 45 degrees off center.

I'd hope that if I go as high as $700 it would be the last one I'd purchase. I'm really not into playing the movies loud but l do like clear, even sound. Listening on center the Overnight Sensations setup was actually fine for me. If I don't even think about the sound during the movie then I'm fine. If I have to keep turning it up to hear the dialog and turning it back down when things explode it gets old. And that tends to happen much more off center. I didn't even notice the correlation until I was watching erin's video on why center channels suck.

And to be honest, I'd much prefer something that looks like this:
QSZwaWQ9QXBp

to something that looks like this
QSZwaWQ9QXBp

since I have to see it everyday but only hear it a few times a month when we watch movies.

I thought about a DIY like ZA5.3c MTM Center channel as he claims a 50 degree side to side listening window but wood is getting expensive and it is about 105 out today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom