• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Celuaris SPK5 Purifi Review (speaker)

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have not restored full spin measuring as yet, but setup up my Purifi amp with my retuned version of theses speakers. After some extensive listening, have found I like listening better on the woofer axis than the tweeter one. The retuning helped the bass and really do NOT find top end lacking (in my listening or my on-axis measurements).

Most notably, with Amir's more dynamic test tracks, these speakers handle them well. In my listening room (somewhat smaller than Amir's), they did not ever bottom out or shows signs of stress at loud listening levels. Despite Amir's reservations, can see why the Purifi designer liked the Mundorf AMT for that aspect. :D However, will acknowledge that the price for the tweeter does set some high expectations!

Top Bottom