• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CCA or Raspberry pi 4 for roon endpoint.

ehabheikal

On roon forums the only valid point I heard other than subjective audio quality was the fact that with a pi 4 you get roon's raat protocol as a transport whereas chrome cast uses its own protocol that roon uses but does not control. Also cca only supports 96/24 and rpi 4 goes to 192/24 or more but that in my opinion is not audible.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As f as as I can tell there’s no need to change out your cc if you are happy with it. 96/24 and 192/24 will be equally transparent.

KMM

If you refer to your Cambridge Evo that u mentioned in another post, that one is Roon Ready AFAIK

OP
E

ehabheikal

Was speed reading and attributed another post to you. Sorry for the confusion. BTW I am partial to Pi 4 as Roon endpoints running Ropieee software bridge.
no issues :)
i used ropieee but the lack of abililty to fall to command line made me use moode which also has an installable ie from command line, roon endpoint.

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks like they've added bit-perfect android output, so you could use your old phone or tablet as a screen-enabled endpoint (?)

Top Bottom