• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cataract | Vision | Contrast | Eye accidents | TV adjust | Computer Screens | All that visual jazz .

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
1. One of my Blu-ray players cannot read Blu-ray discs: I suspect it's one of the potentiomemeters for the laser lens focus that need adjustment...it can be done with tools or by tests and tries.
Some video technicians they would rather charge you big dollars to change the entire reading mechanism...I've been through that. Now it's time to fix it myself; but I need help.

2. Today I had an eye exam; my vision has slightly diminished (I wear glasses for fifty years).
And I started developing a cataract: http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/cataracts.htm

3. Watching a screen computer and watching movies on TV is like being exposed to rock concerts and light.
Ultraviolet lights (like from the outside) can create cataracts, and other stuff too; eat your fruits and veggies...like Prince. Meat? You decide. Alcohol and pot? You decide.

4. Music is important in children development and harmony; babies are happier listening to classical music.
Movies and Internet are parts of all societies; smartphones are screens we look @.
Music and Movies go hand in hand; we have two eyes and two ears; we listen to the news, the planes, the trafffic, the birds, the music. We look @ the road ahead and behind; we drive on highways and cities. Most people are not blind when walking in the forests, the zoos, the city streets. We use our eyes more than our ears. Visuals are important, more then hearing, and yet we have to Video reference.

5. I have important questions, analysis, thesis, a desire to hit the next higher level, to give my children the beauty of our planet from all its angles. Without eyes we cannot look @ the beauty of women, the beauty of our forests, our planet. Music can soothe the soul, movies can alter our destiny for the better.

6. We need a Video forum section. Without one my desire to explore visuals and learning about video technology and science is restricted/diminished...losing the essence, the being there in the now in five dimensions in space and in multicolored, just like multichannel music; some' is missing.

7. I got things to do, things to talk about, things to explore, things to discuss with you...all.
Science is much more than audio; science is about everything...all our senses and sensibilities...humanity and eternity. ...To infinity and beyond...space travel and the universe...Einstein and Dali.

8. This post/thread is my quest for a simple request to Amir: a Video section here @ Audio Science Review. :) Thank you for reading, because you just used your eyes, and not your ears as this was not a recording. And that, is how much our vision is important, as much as our hearing and for me even more. A movie is most important from the visuals; I can watch Charlie Chaplin all day long without a single song.

9. Some people love their bass, me too. And that doesn't diminish the visuals.
Try watching a movie (Mad Max, The Revenant, The Hateful Eight) with your TV turned off.
Try watching Charlie Chaplin, Mad Max or The Zero Theorem with your sound system turned off.

10. Science is a balance of all senses, plus the brain. :)

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
OK, I will be the other person :). I will create it Bob but will rely on it to start populating it with reviews, notable product announcements, technologies, etc. Can I count on you to do that Bob?

In life we learn to count on ourselves first; lets get rolling. :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Top Bottom