• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cat News?

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I think I'll have to get a cat leash and give it a try. Worst that happens is that neither cat takes to it, but a walk outside would be fun.
We've had instances due to injury that we could not let each of our cats roam as they would. A harness and leash were the only options. Each of them responded differently to the situation, of course, but all were ultimately happy in the end that we could take them out for supervised kitty time.

The hardest part was really identifying where they would want to go potty since they all categorically refuse the litter box. My favorite is Iggy who will quite gladly use a gopher mound!, and around here, those are quite readily available. :)

On the flipside... Beware trees. There is absolutely nothing worse than a cat on a leash deciding that the tree might be their path to freedom from their opposable-thumbed oppressors.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Marmalade's clot (which has been persisting since treatment began back in February) has finally dissolved!
Good cat news are best news. They grow on you, don't they :)

When you mention the world "bath".
1684811276173626.jpg

When the cat doesn't like your girlfriend and talks about it all the time.
1684330109679278.jpg

When a cat listens badly mixed music.
1684157936087163s.jpg

When a cat sees prices for hifi gear climb.
1684148964445719.jpg

When you take a closer look at your cat, and the cat doesn't approve.
1684167609750202.jpg

When the cat is sick of the sub par milk quality in your household.
1683944815388421.jpg

When the cat saw you rock out with your *ock out!
1684088544037556.jpg

When the cat summons a demon!
1684052838993338.jpg

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I leash trained Chester Cheeto last summer. We spent about 30-60 minutes per day only in the yard, teaching boundaries and leash control, and letting him learn that not resisting me equals more time outdoors. If he starts doing something I don't want, I give a little tug and say "no," and then if he keeps it up for more than a few seconds, he goes in for the day, even if we've only been out for a minute or two. It took him about 2 weeks to really wise up to that and start behaving pretty well, because more outdoor time is the ultimate reward. Eventually I allowed him to use the sidewalk, and we started cruising. When we are out, I am 100% on Chester Cheeto with no attention lapse. I have to be very vigilant for peoples dogs, wild animals, and stuff like that, but he does surprisingly well with the whole thing.

IMG_0338.jpeg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I leash trained Chester Cheeto last summer. We spent about 30-60 minutes per day only in the yard, teaching boundaries and leash control, and letting him learn that not resisting me equals more time outdoors. If he starts doing something I don't want, I give a little tug and say "no," and then if he keeps it up for more than a few seconds, he goes in for the day, even if we've only been out for a minute or two. It took him about 2 weeks to really wise up to that and start behaving pretty well, because more outdoor time is the ultimate reward. Eventually I allowed him to use the sidewalk, and we started cruising. When we are out, I am 100% on Chester Cheeto with no attention lapse. I have to be very vigilant for peoples dogs, wild animals, and stuff like that, but he does surprisingly well with the whole thing.

View attachment 287676
I watched a pack of coyotes come out of the dusk in bushes and walk across the road from a primary school and then up into the street with all the houses two times on different days. We have many birds of prey on the prairies so pets well watched are good pets. There is a person that ties up the cat where coyotes go and then he goes inside and if I can't see him he can't see his cat... LoL> Anyway, nothing can be done.

BinkieHuckerback

Cats just live. I've given up mithering about where they are and what they're doing. They live in the moment.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor

View attachment 287676
A retractable leash was helpful with by beasts, too.
Start acting up and I can lock them down with the flip of my thumb.
I did the same with my cats, too... if they wouldn't behave its back indoors until I have time and my patience refills. Good behavior was rewarded with more time outdoors and longer journeys through the field.

Neddy

Good cat news are best news. They grow on you, don't they :)

When you mention the world "bath".
View attachment 287665

When the cat doesn't like your girlfriend and talks about it all the time.
View attachment 287666

When a cat listens badly mixed music.
View attachment 287667

When a cat sees prices for hifi gear climb.
View attachment 287668

When you take a closer look at your cat, and the cat doesn't approve.
View attachment 287669

When the cat is sick of the sub par milk quality in your household.
View attachment 287670

When the cat saw you rock out with your *ock out!
View attachment 287673

When the cat summons a demon!
View attachment 287674
Meh sm.png

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
XkB71Z3.jpeg

When the lizard wins.
Xu6hSij.jpg

When your cat has peculiar fur.
x6xYAEo.jpg

When your cat is a god.
xenLqRo.jpg

When your cat likey to listen to punk.
xuQ31D6.jpeg

When your cat is shocked by you not burrying your poop, but using water to get rid of it.
w (1).jpg

When your cat is a racist.
white-power-cat.jpg

When your cat turns out to be a dog bro.
wp_ss_20160413_0011.png

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When your cat likes to ride the bike.
V66Cuix.jpg

When the beat is good.
V74H7GD.gif

When the cat demands a treat.
VI0hZAs.jpeg

When the cat ends the movie early.
Vuh8L6y.jpeg

When the cat decides to scream in the end.
Vw8dzGQ.jpeg

When the cat got stung by a bee.
vJTxsaN.jpg

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Andysu

Major Contributor
Bear relaxed and clams keeping ASR measurements calm i can just about 19s i can hear the ferry ramp aprox 3mile camera phone just about picked it up

Andysu

Major Contributor
Bear gets viC treatment very important Cat at chez fred's fish and chips restaurant 4th visit i think now , if you have the means i highly recommend chez fred's it is so choice

Andysu

Major Contributor
long video with , Bear out and beyond bournemouth beach where no cat , where no Bear has gone before , talked with carer of Dudley the dog and went into sandbanks richest tesco on fourth richest land on the planet , where all the billionaires live with highest end of hi-fi no doubt but didn't see any speaker cable :( lol thinking sound visual
Bear first time in world cat history on a ferry least around here that is

Andysu

Major Contributor
Bear , first time in cat history at harry rocks , Bear relaxed laying on the grass

Andysu

Major Contributor
Bear , close encounters with public kind so curious Bear got lots of admirers

Andysu

Major Contributor
Magic doesn't go out on bike that much but when he does he's mostly relaxed , mostly

Magic was out at beach few no weeks ago for first time , most house cat

Andysu

Major Contributor
first time Bear , checks out the highest of highest high end home cinema shops ( except mine of course lol ) bang and Olufsen and partly JBL synthesis , lighting on room looked neat and tidy nice fabric finish

Top Bottom