• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cat News?

CtheArgie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Something is usually amiss when a cougar is a hangabout near homes. We have about 14 or so cougar attacks per year in Canada and most all of them are hungry juveniles or the aged. Be careful.
I live IN the Santa Monica Mountains, across the street from Federal Land and contiguous State Parks. I've been lucky to have seen one "cougar" while walking my dog, just for one second. It is exhilarating and terrifying. Beautiful animals.

But, somehow, (probably) one cougar has decided to stick around the houses for the last few days. They usually move on. Meantime, neighbors worry. Or maybe they have always done so and now we have too many Ring cameras capturing them.

If you see deer while hiking, you have to assume cougars are tracking them, so unlike the East Coast, seeing deer is a nervous omen around here.

Poor P-22 in the Hollywood Hills became too old and infirm. Around here the situation is bad but no so dire (yet). They are building a wild animals special bridge across the highway to let them have more contiguous land. I hope they learn to read the signs (humor). When nI lived in NJ, there was one on R78 in Watchung that was very cool.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
DSC_0529.JPG

DSC_0508.JPG

DSC_0481.JPG

DSC_0477.JPG

DSC_0415.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

DSC_0350.JPG

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Most dangerous cougars are the two legged ones.
I don't know about that when I was younger the cougars treated me pretty good. I wasn't chasing them but I did have a common law for years when I was in my early 20's that was 9 years older. I got rid of her because she put little effort into the relationship, couldn't cook worth a darn and we basically had separate lives even though we lived together. She was cool in ways but in other ways she was really dumb so I went solo for awhile and found a different one. :D

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
hAFoj8Y.jpeg

Just a picture i found. Calcium water enjoyers.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Bear would make creepy khan cat

Top Bottom