• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cat News?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing against dog folks, but nope dogs aren't smarter, just easier to manipulate...:)
I don't know about thatttt! lol. I had a golden retriever that could be taught critical behaviors in about 5 to 10 minutes and he would remember for the next time too. He was very easy to train and he wanted to train too.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't know about thatttt! lol. I had a golden retriever that could be taught critical behaviors in about 5 to 10 minutes and he would remember for the next time too. He was very easy to train and he wanted to train too.
Dogs are smart , i had a yellow lab that leaned how to fetch the morning paper in about 3 tries... After the 1 st week i literally only needed to say " paper" and open the back door... She'd run to the end of the driveway about 40 yrds away and bring back my paper, it was nice not having to put shoes on before breakfast...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Dogs are smart , i had a yellow lab that leaned how to fetch the morning paper in about 3 tries... After the 1 st week i literally only needed to say " paper" and open the back door... She'd run to the end of the driveway about 40 yrds away and bring back my paper, it was nice not having to put shoes on before breakfast...
I taught the golden retriever to walk slow and relaxed in about 10 minutes and he did that for everybody after I was done and then I taught him when to be quiet by saying to him in a calm manner, "Shhhhhhhhhh." and to make friends with people with a special whistle sound. These where commands that other people could assimilate and use to good effect. He became a popular dog after he relaxed and walked in a calm manner. Then there was my smooth collie that was smart as could be but he was a stubborn wild soul that just wanted to run after stuff, bark and scare people. Very difficult dog to train but I attribute that to being locked in a apartment for near 3 years with no walks outside and a master that took his sheit and never corrected him apparently.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Java's a feral with PTSD. Doesn't really mingle with anybody but my wife and me. Very affectionate, loves her 'nip.

IMG_20210922_114049796 (2).jpg

Robin L

Master Contributor
We lost Miette about six or seven years ago. She loved the warmth of vintage audio gear.

11119327_946836312035293_1125629509205571652_n.jpg

Robin L

Master Contributor
Clio is a self-possessed Somali---a mix of an Abyssinian and a long-haired cat. She clearly is aware of her photo shoots, poses accordingly. We think she was raised to be a show cat and was abandoned when she turned out with markings in the wrong places. We saved her from execution in an ASPC shelter. She is the most social cat I have encountered so far.

316111_260950537290544_2040756954_n.jpg

BlackTalon

Forum Donor
My cat is smarter. When I tried training him to go to end of the driveway he looked at me and said 'F--- you! Get it yourself, houseboy!' and then he walked into the kitchen and ate.

CtheArgie

Forum Donor
Ok, we have a four legged cougar wondering around our homes for the last three days. Has been seen from 6pm to 6am. Everyone is a bit edgy.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Ok, we have a four legged cougar wondering around our homes for the last three days. Has been seen from 6pm to 6am. Everyone is a bit edgy.
Don't let any pets outside or they will go "missing". Pets have no idea about being another animals lunch. They must be protected. Good Luck!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't let any pets outside or they will go "missing". Pets have no idea about being another animals lunch. They must be protected. Good Luck!
Something is usually amiss when a cougar is a hangabout near homes. We have about 14 or so cougar attacks per year in Canada and most all of them are hungry juveniles or the aged. Be careful.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Something is usually amiss when a cougar is a hangabout near homes. We have about 14 or so cougar attacks per year in Canada and most all of them are hungry juveniles or the aged. Be careful.
Doodski, it is amazing how much pets rely on us humans to protect them. As a pet they never learn about being attacked and running like a deer at every noise that could spell trouble. It reminds me of ignorant people dumping house pets into the wild thinking they will survive on their own hunting food etc. All they do is starve and dehydrate to death. I think anyone dumping a pet should get 30 days in the local jail. But, it is not up to me. Oh Well.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Doodski, it is amazing how much pets rely on us humans to protect them. As a pet they never learn about being attacked and running like a deer at every noise that could spell trouble. It reminds me of ignorant people dumping house pets into the wild thinking they will survive on their own hunting food etc. All they do is starve and dehydrate to death. I think anyone dumping a pet should get 30 days in the local jail. But, it is not up to me. Oh Well.
I took it upon myself to attempt to salvage a house cat that had apparently been dropped out at the cabin area. We caught it in a trap and I took it home and it hid under the sofa for months. It came out at night to eat and the final straw that made me stop trying was when I woke and it was playing with my eyelids with a claw. I guess I was sleeping and my eyes where twitching and it was playing with them. I got rid of it after that. It was put down. It was kinda scary living with a wild animal.

Top Bottom