• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cary Audio - Sad experience

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So the "creme de la creme" from Cary management killed my unit . Do you think a regular grunt could help me out ?
It is time to let this go. You clearly are not going to get satisfaction from Cary. Deserved or not it is not happening.

You ignore suggestions the unit might be made useful by a local technician. So it appears getting the unit working is not your goal.

You wish to punish Cary.

The problem is deserved or not you aren't effecting them. You however are affecting yourself. Anger, ill-feelings toward them, dissatisfaction relived over and over. You are hurting yourself and no one else. You definitely don't deserve this. Let it go.

Give it away to someone, or throw it in the garbage and be done with it. Just get it away from you and forget about this chapter in your live. Lesson learned, bad experience, put it to bed and you'll be better off. It will never make you happy about the experience, but you can make it something you aren't bothered by anymore if you'll make the effort.

OP
V

Varail

It is time to let this go. You clearly are not going to get satisfaction from Cary. Deserved or not it is not happening.

You ignore suggestions the unit might be made useful by a local technician. So it appears getting the unit working is not your goal.

You wish to punish Cary.

The problem is deserved or not you aren't effecting them. You however are affecting yourself. Anger, ill-feelings toward them, dissatisfaction relived over and over. You are hurting yourself and no one else. You definitely don't deserve this. Let it go.

Give it away to someone, or throw it in the garbage and be done with it. Just get it away from you and forget about this chapter in your live. Lesson learned, bad experience, put it to bed and you'll be better off. It will never make you happy about the experience, but you can make it something you aren't bothered by anymore if you'll make the effort.
If you look carefully I just answer the questions people ask me.
Can you please point a post where I just tried to fuel the fire and not just being reactive ?

I honestly get some reactions here less and less.

Music1969

Major Contributor
If you look carefully I just answer the questions people ask me.
Can you please point a post where I just tried to fuel the fire and not just being reactive ?

I honestly get some reactions here less and less.
Any progress since June?

Have you made any contact with them or vice versa?

Any updates?

OP
V

Varail

1. No

2. I stop trying. At some point they got unresponsive like any decent rtyrtutyiutu would do.

3. The only updates Im getting are from people who either ask me questionable questions and after I answer why am I such a jerk and not letting it go :facepalm:.

Pretty weird is how no one ever asks how after so much time there is no reaction here from Cary Audio.
But they do like beating the dead horse ..

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
1. No

2. I stop trying. At some point they got unresponsive like any decent rtyrtutyiutu would do.

3. The only updates Im getting are from people who either ask me questionable questions and after I answer why am I such a jerk and not letting it go :facepalm:.

Pretty weird is how no one ever asks how after so much time there is no reaction here from Cary Audio.
But they do like beating the dead horse ..
I am not calling you a jerk. I am giving what could be helpful advice. Helpful to you. Cary is not responding now, we all know that. You are not interested in getting your unit working. What is left?

OP
V

Varail

I am not calling you a jerk. I am giving what could be helpful advice. Helpful to you. Cary is not responding now, we all know that. You are not interested in getting your unit working. What is left?

Can you please point at which part of my input have you have decided I wasn't willing to letting it go ?
Any idea how much am I suppose to pay for it in my country ? Do you offer to repair the unit yourself ?
I can only see assumptions based on .. ?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you please point at which part of my input have you have decided I wasn't willing to letting it go ?
Any idea how much am I suppose to pay for it in my country ? Do you offer to repair the unit yourself ?
I can only see assumptions based on .. ?
If you were near me, yes I would repair it assuming you haven't suffered something like a shorted transformer. Have no idea what you should pay and it has no meaning for what I'm talking about. Repair the thing, dump the thing or whatever. Why do I get the idea you aren't letting it go? Because you aren't rectifying anything. If you were honest, you don't want to unless you can punish Cary. You are punishing no one other than yourself.

You keep acting as if the repair would be something no one other than Cary could do. The device you have is not that complicated. Any good tech could figure it out and likely fix it for you. Have you investigated a repair?

OP
V

Varail

If you were near me, yes I would repair it assuming you haven't suffered something like a shorted transformer. Have no idea what you should pay and it has no meaning for what I'm talking about. Repair the thing, dump the thing or whatever. Why do I get the idea you aren't letting it go? Because you aren't rectifying anything. If you were honest, you don't want to unless you can punish Cary. You are punishing no one other than yourself.

You keep acting as if the repair would be something no one other than Cary could do. The device you have is not that complicated. Any good tech could figure it out and likely fix it for you. Have you investigated a repair?

For the past month I just answered questions people asked me. I never instigated or revived the topic in any shape or form.
Should I stop answering the questions and show my fake side or should I answer the questions and prove that I'm not willing to let it go and that I'm just doing it to hurt Cary ?
Being reactive instead active means exactly the opposite.

I don't need to do or say anything anymore to punish Cary. There is the 1st entry and their answer which is complete silence. Which speaks by itself.

It is good you are so informed about factors like my whereabouts or the costs of diagnosing and repairing audiophile stuff in my country.
A quite proficient judge of character too ..

Now that Mr Blumlein exposed me I kindly request the administrators to close this topic.
It looks more and more like a sketch comedy.

Thank you for your input everyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom