• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CARVER POWER KICKS!!!

OP
C

CarverPro

1) I don’t remember any of those amplifiers from the 80s properly tested, hence we don’t know anything about them.

2) I don’t think a typical ASR member will be happy with 0.5% THD. Specs.

3) Cranking up and leaving there is bad for your health :)
I average 110-115 db for 6 hours at a time. Every single weekend. Love it lol

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Terrible for your hearing. Although this advice may fall on deaf ears ;)

OP
C

CarverPro

Terrible for your hearing. Although this advice may fall on deaf ears ;)
100%. It’s how I unwind at the end of the week. Ungodly loud tunes, cold beer and flower. Great stress reliever lol

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
NIOSH-OSHA-Standards_2.jpg

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@ OP

right-to-jail-jail.gif

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Axl Rose at 110dB? Uh, no thanks. Not even at 80.... :)

I've had Carver amps since the 80s, altho one went up in blue smoke (an M-500 10 years ago), still have two M500t's but one developed a buzzing transformer so semi-retired them.

Some measurement in this article https://www.gammaelectronics.xyz/audio_11-1980_carver.html

Last edited:

Talisman

Forum Donor
100%. It’s how I unwind at the end of the week. Ungodly loud tunes, cold beer and flower. Great stress reliever lol
With these habits I have no trouble believing that you detect no problem with your "critical" listening
Do you still hear above 12,000?

OP
C

CarverPro

With these habits I have no trouble believing that you detect no problem with your "critical" listening
Do you still hear above 12,000?
Surprisingly, my hearing is just fine. I also work in a noisy plant as well. I do have some hairs in my ears. Maybe that’s what has been protecting my hearing . I plan on adding a few 18” subs once I beef up the sound deadening.

OP
C

CarverPro

Axl Rose at 110dB? Uh, no thanks. Not even at 80.... :)

I've had Carver amps since the 80s, altho one went up in blue smoke (an M-500 10 years ago), still have two M500t's but one developed a buzzing transformer so semi-retired them.

Some measurement in this article https://www.gammaelectronics.xyz/audio_11-1980_carver.html
I found a Carver m500t cheap. It’s my back up amp. Where it begins to strain.. my pm1201 is just getting warmed up lol

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Surprisingly, my hearing is just fine. I also work in a noisy plant as well. I do have some hairs in my ears. Maybe that’s what has been protecting my hearing . I plan on adding a few 18” subs once I beef up the sound deadening.
I like those meters. I sold Carver for a few years and it was a great product line that always sold out. Carver has some of the best digital and analogue meters out there. :D

Talisman

Forum Donor
but the real question is:
What drives you to feel the need to come here to defend a brand that has had a bad review on the site?
my favorite system, which I own and enjoy listening to, is a pair of speakers that took a headless panther driven by an amplifier that took a headless panther.
These are scientific measurements, your tastes are another matter.
Don't kill the forecaster just because he told you it would rain at Easter

OP
C

CarverPro

I like those meters. I sold Carver for a few years and it was a great product line that always sold out. Carver has some of the best digital and analogue meters out there. :D
I really like the pro pm series. They are designed for high volume/ output for hours on end. Mine has been recapped/ railed. It’s a beast

OP
C

CarverPro

but the real question is:
What drives you to feel the need to come here to defend a brand that has had a bad review on the site?
my heart system is a pair of speakers that took a headless panther driven by an amplifier that took a headless panther.
These are scientific measurements, your tastes are another matter.
Don't kill the forecaster just because he told you it would rain at Easter
To be honest with you. I could care less what anyone on here thinks about Carver Amps. I laugh at all the bashing and ‘ bad reviews ‘. I beat the hell out of it every single weekend. It currently has about 700 hours on it of insane sound levels. It’s a reliable tank. No blown speaker voice coils for being such a dirty piece lol

Top Bottom