• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CARVER POWER KICKS!!!

CarverPro

Thanks for the add. Just a little rant. I have been running the Carver Pm series amps for home use for about 7 years. I laugh to myself when I hear people calling Carver junk, unreliable ect, I literally run full tilt every weekend for about 6 hours at a time without any problems. The pm series love to cranked up and left there.
I ran a pm1.5 a for about 5 years running hard into 4 ohm stereo. This pm1201 is in its 3rd year with me. 600 watts rms on tap. I have been beating on home audio gear for about 40 years. I normally have the power lights tapping the upper level under clipping. That night I pushed it a little hard. 0 problems.https://youtu.be/moXQDOc1VJQ

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey, great! Wait...what?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Since this does smack of advertising, you should know that dealers are supposed to register with the mods and get the proper tag.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sure he'll zip one right out to Amir to be thoroughly tested :rolleyes:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
C

CarverPro

I think it's only the junky Crimson 275 that's been referred to as being junk.
I have been hearing for years how Carver amps are under performers, not reliable, dirty sounding etc. These things have huge reserves of power and are exceptionally clean imo

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you have a link to detailed test results for THD, IMD, etc, we would like to see that.

OP
C

CarverPro

If you have a link to detailed test results for THD, IMD, etc, we would like to see that.
All I can say is that for 7 years I ran a pair of cerwin Vega hybrid speakers I put togeather. Vega 380se woofers, mids. At15 tweeters and modified crossovers. NO tweeter protection. Vega had a problem with a bad batch of At15’s ( confirmed by Cerwin Vega ).The tweeters would prematurely cut off. I bought a new pair back in the day. The dealer ended up bypassing the protection for me.
I bought a used pair a few years ago that had the same problem. Again, I bypassed the tweeter protection. I have pumped for extended periods 400-500+rms. Have clipped the Carver several times. I have never blown any tweeters. Even in that video I attached. That’s running at or very close to 600 watts rms with Axle Rose screaming. That Carver stuff is clean.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the add. Just a little rant. I have been running the Carver Pm series amps for home use for about 7 years. I laugh to myself when I hear people calling Carver junk, unreliable ect, I literally run full tilt every weekend for about 6 hours at a time without any problems. The pm series love to cranked up and left there.
1) I don’t remember any of those amplifiers from the 80s properly tested, hence we don’t know anything about them.

2) I don’t think a typical ASR member will be happy with 0.5% THD. Specs.

3) Cranking up and leaving there is bad for your health :)

OP
C

CarverPro

Clean? Got graphs?
Well Clean as the Nad gear I once had lol. To each his own. I’m just going off of my own experiences. For insanely loud, shaking your house type of Scenario.. Carver power amps deliver. I have approximately 700 hours of pounding on this pm1201. It’s as reliable as my alarm clock.

Top Bottom