• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Capital Audiofest -November 5th to 7th

Colonel7

Visited the site again recently and there are a number of manufacturers added. See this brands link for confirmed exhibitors. Excited about this because a few weeks back Philarmonic was one of the only ones listed, and I would have gone anyway just to hear Dennis Murphy's BMRs. Now includes Focal, Magico, B&W, Joseph, Harbeth, Audeze, Marantz, Hegel, McIntosh, Lyngdorf etc. As long as I'm not traveling for work I'll be there at least one day since it is local for me. Anyone else plan on going?

BlackTalon

I've been planning on going but now I may have a work conflict. I won't know for another couple of weeks.

BenB

I'll be there, unless it's cancelled or some conflict comes up.

BenB

I'm trying to put together a list of the rooms with the most interesting speaker designs... anyone else doing something like that? Perhaps we can compare notes. Personally, I'm not interested in headphones or amps or cables or record cleaners.

OP
Colonel7

Colonel7

I'm trying to put together a list of the rooms with the most interesting speaker designs... anyone else doing something like that? Perhaps we can compare notes. Personally, I'm not interested in headphones or amps or cables or record cleaners.
I have similar interests although I'm sure I'll check out some of the amp manufacturers. I've made a list of exhibitors that are showcasing or maybe showcasing their own loudspeaker designs (+ Funk for subwoofers). There are a few here that have a loudspeaker or two but it's not their primary business, so not sure but included them anyway. I could have missed a few too. The list is in alphabetical order.

Border Patrol – 316

Bowers &Wilkins – 548 and 550

Canton – 325

Credo – Plaza III

Fern & Roby – 516

Focal – 548 and 550

Funk – 307

Fyne – 319

Gryphon – Democracy

Harbeth – 548 and 550

Joseph – Montgomery, 317, and 508

Kharma – Monroe

Larsen – 307

Magico – 548 and 550

McIntosh – 548 and 550

NOLA – Roosevelt

Ocean Way – TBD

Paradigm - 548 and 550

Philarmonic – 306

Salk – 512

Sonus Faber – 548 and 550

TAD – Plaza III

Volti – 316

Von Schweikert – Potomac

BenB

Here's the list I came up with independently, but I'm going to give it backwards. I'll list the room, and then what brands are on display. I noticed that many shared a room, so figured this might make it easier to prioritize the rooms:

Adams : Arion Audio
Democracy : Gryphon & SGR Hifi
Eisenhower : Overture
Frederick : Genesis
Jackson : Bending Wave and Goebel
Jefferson : Arion Audio, Raidho
Monroe : Kharma
Potomac : Von Schweikert
Plaza III : TAD and T+A
Roosevelt : GT Audioworks, and Nola
Twinbrook : Borresen Acoustics
306 : Philharmonic Audio
307 : Funk Audio and Larson
325 : Canton
512 : Salk Sound
525 : Audio NEC
526: Spatial Audio
548 and 550 : Lyngdorf, Overture, Paradigm, Sonus Faber

I left a few speaker manufacturers off this list if their stuff was too ordinary, or if they used horns with the type of profile I typically find objectionable. I'll want to compare my list to those of others. I'm still not sure what day I'm going.

Top Bottom