• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Canton a55

Gorancho

Anyone have experience with canton a55 which is online sales exclusive? It is using tech and drivers from reference k series, and judging by specs it is somewhere between k5 and k3 reference speakers. There is difference in cabinet design, oval for ref series and square for A series, but price is also very different, 4800e for a55 and 7300e k5 and 10700e for k3. A55 is online exclusive so no dealer margin. Since it is online exclusive i cant audition them, but can hear k5 and k3 at dealers, so if someone has them any info is welcome. Thanks

DAF-FNQ

I am also interested in any info on the Canton A55’s, on paper they look like a bargain.
I’m looking at buying some new speakers, and I will have to commit one of audio’s cardinal sins – I have to buy without listening to them. I live about 1,600km to the nearest quality audio store, and with the whole COVID thing going on, I don’t want to fly into a capital city in the near future.

My head says just get some Revel 208’s, but I am still tempted by the A55’s (both about the same price).

OP
G

Gorancho

I am also interested in any info on the Canton A55’s, on paper they look like a bargain.
I’m looking at buying some new speakers, and I will have to commit one of audio’s cardinal sins – I have to buy without listening to them. I live about 1,600km to the nearest quality audio store, and with the whole COVID thing going on, I don’t want to fly into a capital city in the near future.

My head says just get some Revel 208’s, but I am still tempted by the A55’s (both about the same price).
Same with me. We have measurments of Revel 208 by Amir, so no surprise there if i take them. But I am tempted as well by canton A55 offer. Cabinet alone is superbly finished in piano black or white, which has nothing to do with sound ofcourse, but still its nice.

Crosstalk

A55 is using the same crossover for mids and highs of other cantons with ceramic drivers, it has the very same problem which every modern canton has. 3% distortion around 2k which is extremely high compared to speakers like KEF. The Kef has 0,1 % in this region. At the price just get the R11 or Revel.

Crosstalk

Anyone have experience with canton a55 which is online sales exclusive? It is using tech and drivers from reference k series, and judging by specs it is somewhere between k5 and k3 reference speakers. There is difference in cabinet design, oval for ref series and square for A series, but price is also very different, 4800e for a55 and 7300e k5 and 10700e for k3. A55 is online exclusive so no dealer margin. Since it is online exclusive i cant audition them, but can hear k5 and k3 at dealers, so if someone has them any info is welcome. Thanks
Canton doesnt use the same quality components in the A series as the Reference series. You can get the 5k for the same price of A55 at most dealers. A series is slightly more colored in terms of sound compared to Ref series. Ref is quite flat from midrange and up. Again , there is a huge distortion in 2k on all cantons currently out there. You can see the problem here in the 7k review page.

OP
G

Gorancho

Canton doesnt use the same quality components in the A series as the Reference series. You can get the 5k for the same price of A55 at most dealers. A series is slightly more colored in terms of sound compared to Ref series. Ref is quite flat from midrange and up. Again , there is a huge distortion in 2k on all cantons currently out there. You can see the problem here in the 7k review page.
Thnx for the input on cantons.

Caesarius

Hi,

I bought a set of Canton speakers (2 x A 55 Front, 1 x A 45 Center, 1 x A 45 SUB, 2 x A 45 surround and 4 x GLE 416.2 PRO for the Atmos ceiling).
Both A55 speakers show color changes/bleaching on the front after 2 years. There is no sunlight, no smoking in my apartment or anything else which would have caused it.
I got in touch with Canton but they decline to take care of it (they are still under warranty but I live in Brazil and they say shipping back to Germany would be too much to justify the fix). They state nobody else ever complained to this issue.
So my question here is- is anybody else experiencing similar problems?

The pics don't really show what the reality looks like. There it is much worse and every day I'm listening to music, I'm looking at these spots (similar to when you have a broken tooth and your tongue goes there all the time) and it makes me angry.

Thank you.

Cheers
Caesar

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 143
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 149

Ciobi69

You should write to the fan Facebook group,there is some group with like 3-4 thousands members it's a community group,you will have more visibility,I'm sad for that man,didn't expect that from Canton ,they made speakers with superb build quality

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,

I bought a set of Canton speakers (2 x A 55 Front, 1 x A 45 Center, 1 x A 45 SUB, 2 x A 45 surround and 4 x GLE 416.2 PRO for the Atmos ceiling).
Both A55 speakers show color changes/bleaching on the front after 2 years. There is no sunlight, no smoking in my apartment or anything else which would have caused it.
I got in touch with Canton but they decline to take care of it (they are still under warranty but I live in Brazil and they say shipping back to Germany would be too much to justify the fix). They state nobody else ever complained to this issue.
So my question here is- is anybody else experiencing similar problems?

The pics don't really show what the reality looks like. There it is much worse and every day I'm listening to music, I'm looking at these spots (similar to when you have a broken tooth and your tongue goes there all the time) and it makes me angry.

Thank you.

Cheers
Caesar
Try a little plastic polish like the type one uses to take haze off car headlights. It may be just on the surface. Try on the back first to test.

Top Bottom