• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Canjam SoCal Headphone and Audio Show 2019

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I’m betting it will measure better than a Modi 2.
Well, I left the sample at Irvine Marriott. Probably too late to call them to save it....

Music1969

Major Contributor
That's it for day one report, sans the great talk from Dr. Sean Olive and not so great talk from Rob Watts of Chord. I will post those in separate threads with my commentary.

Looking forward to these.

Veri

Master Contributor
Last edited:

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you have been to trade shows as members of the trade/press rather than the general public, you'll see why.
The HPA-3B is a pretty decent balanced output amp with a lot of grunt. But i'm pretty sure its not quite SOTA like the THX 789.

Based on Matrix's old specs, think it should top out at around 105-108dB for SINAD numbers.

For all purposes, its more than good for listening though.
I have been to Trade shows as a memeber of the trade, just not Hi Fi trade shows. I ended up taking my name and company badge off because as soon as the other trade people know who you are and who you represent there is a marked change in attitude.
I found I learnt a lot more about my companies competitors through being anonymous.
I also found I was able to get a much more honest opinon from the customer base if people thought I was just another customer and not one of the boys.;)
There is a general human tendency to respond to the badge rather than what the person wearing the badge says. It's how so many 'experts' in Hi Fi particularly get away with talking so much garbage.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm I’d love to hear your thoughts on the Rob Watts seminar. I was there as well in the front row, just in front of the guy that fell asleep and started loudly snoring
Ah, I saw him falling sleep but didn't realize he was snoring. :)

I will post the slides and my comments on it soon. Thanks for reminding me.

Top Bottom